Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 02:50 PM

The USA suspends UK trade tariffs

Now that we are no longer EU members and following the UK & Liz Truss's suspension of tariffs on imports from the USA in December the USA has agreed a four-month suspension of tariffs, in a step towards finding a resolution and hopefully a future trade deal.

' “The United Kingdom and the United States are undertaking a four-month tariff suspension to ease the burden on industry and take a bold, joint step towards resolving the longest running disputes at the World Trade Organization,” a joint statement said.

“This will allow time to focus on negotiating a balanced settlement to the disputes, and begin seriously addressing the challenges posed by new entrants to the civil aviation market from non-market economies, such as China.
” '

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN2AW1DZ

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...-trade-dispute
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 03:12 PM

Re: The USA suspends UK trade tariffs

Don't tell me common sense is prevailing.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 04:15 PM

High time. If you all recall, right after Brexit I suggested we need to get this moving.

As it was my idea, you can make checks out to "Surfermom"

Nice to know the powers at be are following OFF for economic and political advice.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 04:19 PM

One in the eye for the EU.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 04:25 PM

It's a bit bigger than Tuesday's Ghana trade deal for sure.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...ent-with-ghana
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 04:25 PM

That's a shot in the arm for the Scotch whisky makers. I suppose the fishwife will be jumping up and down with joy at this news.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

04-03-2021, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That's a shot in the arm for the Scotch whisky makers. I suppose the fishwife will be jumping up and down with joy at this news.
I don't think she dare jump just now for fear of having the rug pulled out from under her, Percy.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I don't think she dare jump just now for fear of having the rug pulled out from under her, Percy.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I doubt it - the UK outside the EU means that the UK can broker fairer trading terms for Scottish Whisky from the UK Government than the EU or Holyrood can.

Another one in the eye for the Ginger Dwarf from the North.
Percy Vere

04-03-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I doubt it - the UK outside the EU means that the UK can broker fairer trading terms for Scottish Whisky from the UK Government than the EU or Holyrood can.

Another one in the eye for the Ginger Dwarf from the North.
I don't understand what you're trying to say Bread. My point is the whisky distillers will be seeing an increase in orders from across the pond. The Ginger Dwarf, as you call her, will, IMHO, make the most of this as a victory for SCOTLAND and not for Westminster or the UK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top