Join for free
Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 12:47 PM

Re: Astra zeneca and EU ??

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Perhaps there have been more cases, and either not linked to the vaccine or information withheld Scot, do you honestly think they would report it when they are trying to get everyone vaccinated? Of course they wouldn't. Most reports are coming from other countries...In the UK Heart attacks are responsible for the greatest loss of life in the male population, they take even more lives than covid does.

I reckon I'm in pretty good shape, and I won't be catching covid, but even if I did, I've got a very good chance of surviving it. I doubt that I would survive another heart attack...It's a no brainer for me Scot...
I can understand people's reluctance and their scepticism.
With the greatest respect to those with their own fears for whatever reason, I would like to put forward a voice of reason and point out the absolutely miniscule risk of death as a result of having the AstraZeneca vaccine compared to the much higher risk of death if you do not have the vaccine.

From the most recent figures, the UK has seen 1,848 deaths per million of our population attributed to Covid-19. (Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ )
That is of course so far.
Sadly more will come.
Compare that to one death in the UK caused by a cerebral sinus vein thrombosis from 11 million who have had the AZ vaccine (see link below; we won't for now delve into how many of 11 million people would normally die from CSVT without being first vaccinated).
So a risk of death of around 0.1/million vs 1,848/million.
Those figures look pretty convincing to me.

(Between three and ten women per million die as a result of a thrombosis which is attributable to taking the contraceptive pill, for comparison.)

This vaccine rollout is being put under the microscope just in case problems arose, mostly as a result of the speed at which it was developed and approved for use.
That's why incidents are being reported.
As such any theorizing that problems post-vaccination aren't being reported have to be taken with a very large pinch of salt IMHO.

Suggesting that most reports are coming from other countries is an odd statement too because there are many more countries using the AZ vaccine than us, so surely it's logical to assume that it is more likely for reports to come from elsewhere?

Here's the stats from the UK as reported by the BBC:
"In the UK, five cases of cerebral sinus vein thrombosis (CSVT), among 11 million people who have received the vaccine, occurred in men aged between 19 and 59. One of these was fatal.

The EMA has received an additional 13 reports of CSVT."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56447367

Again: I'm not pooh-pooing the undoubtedly genuine fears of others.
There might even be something to the idea that some problems aren't being reported and/or recorded, but I would point out that it's pretty certain that hospitalisation and more-so a death would be closely-examined for an attributable cause.
Certainly here in the UK.

Enough people here in Britain and around the world are suffering the consequences of this horrible killer disease and will, sadly, continue to do so for some time to come yet.
IMHO we are fortunate to have the opportunity to greatly reduce our own risk of becoming one more statistic.

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...trazeneca.html
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 01:09 PM

No shame.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...l-brussels-spt

Despite these failures, the Brussels-based institutions appear to have taken solid preparations to vaccinate their own officials.

The European Commission, Council of the EU and European Parliament are now set to open their vaccination centres for officials and MEPs.

Until now, jabs had mainly been available to healthcare workers and care home residents.

The three main EU institutions have built up their own facilities to administer vaccinations, which will officially count as Belgian vaccination centres, receiving doses from local authorities even if the jabs will be accessible exclusively to those employed by the EU institutions.
EU is nothing but a another name for a Fourth Reich.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Does that chart mean that the largest expenditure ( AZ), which is
supposedly doing it on a cost only basis can be excluded from
all the others Cinderella???
As they are not making a profit does that mean all their shareholders
are " philanthropists"

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
https://morningstaronline.co.uk/arti...oaring-profits

AstraZeneca said it now expects to deliver revenue growth in the “low-teens” percentage over 2021.

But it said the guidance does not incorporate any revenue or profit impact from sales of the Covid-19 vaccine, and that it intends to report these sales separately from the next quarter.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
With all due respect Judd, a heart attack is caused by a blood clot cutting off the supply of blood to the heart muscle.....I ought to know because I've had two heart attacks myself....

And anyway, they are not going to report that the vaccine was responsible for the heart attack are they, when they are trying to convince everyone it's safe to have the jab...
With all due respect to you OGF, heart attacks can be caused by reasons other than blood clots. This is what the Mayo Clinic's website has to say:

A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked. The blockage is most often a build-up of fat, cholesterol and other substances, which form a plaque in the arteries that feed the heart (coronary arteries).

Sometimes, a plaque can rupture and form a clot that blocks blood flow. The interrupted blood flow can damage or destroy part of the heart muscle.

Link -> https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20373106
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
No shame.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...l-brussels-spt

EU is nothing but a another name for a Fourth Reich.
Surely, the ordinary people living in the EU countries must be aware of this, unless their press is heavily moderated.
I can't believe that if they know about it they are not all up in arms.

I can believe the reaction if that had happened in this country there would have been riots.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
With all due respect to you OGF, heart attacks can be caused by reasons other than blood clots. This is what the Mayo Clinic's website has to say:

A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked. The blockage is most often a build-up of fat, cholesterol and other substances, which form a plaque in the arteries that feed the heart (coronary arteries).

Sometimes, a plaque can rupture and form a clot that blocks blood flow. The interrupted blood flow can damage or destroy part of the heart muscle.

Link -> https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20373106
I agree. In fact, it's frightening when you think of how many things can go wrong with the human body. Unfortunately, not all of them can be cured either, even with today's advances in medicine.

I'm glad I gave up smoking, but I know I should exercise more.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Surely, the ordinary people living in the EU countries must be aware of this, unless their press is heavily moderated.
I can't believe that if they know about it they are not all up in arms.

I can believe the reaction if that had happened in this country there would have been riots.
Maybe protests, but NEVER riots JBR !
otherwise we would be out of the EU by now ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
We have both had the AZ jab, with no side effects whatever. There was a brief medical history check before it was administered but, of course, it was done at our own GP surgery and they have all our medical records to hand.
Are you breathing?; do you have a heartbeat?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-03-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Maybe protests, but NEVER riots JBR !
otherwise we would be out of the EU by now ??
Oh, I don't know. What about the 'yellow vests' doing all their good work in Paris?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I can understand people's reluctance and their scepticism.
With the greatest respect to those with their own fears for whatever reason, I would like to put forward a voice of reason and point out the absolutely miniscule risk of death as a result of having the AstraZeneca vaccine compared to the much higher risk of death if you do not have the vaccine.
To save space I've edited your post Zaphod......Sorry...

But in your quote, which I've entered in bold....I believe that my chances of catching the virus are miniscule, and even if I did catch the virus, I also believe that my chances dying from the virus are even more miniscule, therefore, I see no reason to add any further risk for an illness that I will never suffer from....I have never had the flu jab, and it was a good decision, because I haven't had the flu since 1995.

Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top