Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 08:44 AM

Re: A Teapot of Memories

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->

But.... bleach, Harbal? Seriously, bleach?
I think bleach is a pretty standard substance for cleaning dentures, Bathsheba, it is the using of someone else's teapot for the purpose that's unconventional.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I think bleach is a pretty standard substance for cleaning dentures, Bathsheba, it is the using of someone else's teapot for the purpose that's unconventional.
Really? Gosh I don't think I'd like to put something in my mouth that had just come out of a bleach bath.

But yes, the teapot choice was more than a little unconventional, I'll agree there. She really should have brought her own teapot with her.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 08:54 AM

It’s a lovely story...but, it could be another one of Harbals, fictitious characters...

So, she can be or do, what ever he wants her to....including soaking her teeth in bleach in a teapot.

Even steredent tabs...were around in those days..
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It’s a lovely story...but, it could be another one of Harbals, fictitious characters...

So, she can be or do, what ever he wants her to....including soaking her teeth in bleach in a teapot.

You're absolutely right pauline, we all know Harbal loves a nice bit of fiction. But it's good fun to go along with the story sometimes
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 09:06 AM

Really? Gosh I don't think I'd like to put something in my mouth that had just come out of a bleach bath.
I think they thoroughly rinse them in clean water before they put them back in their mouths. They would very soon take them back out otherwise.

She really should have brought her own teapot with her.
Please tell me you meant that to be as funny as it is, Bathsheba.

The bleach not only cleaned the dentures, it also restored the inside of the teapot to a gleaming white. She thought she was being helpful by cleaning the teapot.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-06-2021, 09:11 AM

No, pauline, I promise you that my account is 100% true. It really happened.

She may well have used Steradent, I don't know. But whatever she used, it left the inside of the teapot whiter than white.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 09:13 AM

No false teeth in this house, but I buy steredent tablets to clean all my food related utensils, and mugs. Wouldn't consider using bleach at all....but then I don't use a teapot really, despite having a couple of nice ones.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 09:14 AM

But yes, the teapot choice was more than a little unconventional, I'll agree there. She really should have brought her own teapot with her.

Bleach can damage acrylic dentures...even more so with metal plates, baking soda,yes, never bleach.

But, each to their own,
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-06-2021, 09:15 AM

You're absolutely right pauline, we all know Harbal loves a nice bit of fiction. But it's good fun to go along with the story sometimes
This story really is true Bathsheba, but please don't let that stop you having fun.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-06-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
No, pauline, I promise you that my account is 100% true. It really happened.

She may well have used Steradent, I don't know. But whatever she used, it left the inside of the teapot whiter than white.
Ok...I definitely agree about bleach leaving a teapot gleaming...I clean my cups with bleach...I don’t like a tea stained cup.

Bless Her Heart.🙏

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top