Join for free
Page 19 of 29 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 04:27 AM

Re: Matt Hancocks Affair

I can't be bothered going back through 18 pages about a bloke I've never heard of to see if anybody else has posted this so I apologise if someone has.

It popped up in my inbox today.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 07:15 AM

I must be the only person here who actually liked Matt Hancock I don't think he did a bad job he was put under a ridiculous amount of pressure and the knives were out for him ....Im glad he has resigned for his own mental health and to take time to heal his family. I hope Cummings does not view his resignation as a victory although I'm sure he will. Matt will be back...I think Boris will ensure that
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:10 AM

I thought he did ok he sort of grew into the job.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I thought he did ok he sort of grew into the job.
Yes he grew in the job I thought that too...I remember seeing him on Andrew Marr not allowing any nonsense and thinking how much he had matured...its a shame its ended as it has....but he will be back I'm sure.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I must be the only person here who actually liked Matt Hancock I don't think he did a bad job he was put under a ridiculous amount of pressure and the knives were out for him ....Im glad he has resigned for his own mental health and to take time to heal his family. I hope Cummings does not view his resignation as a victory although I'm sure he will. Matt will be back...I think Boris will ensure that
I agree Summer ..... You are not the only one who liked Matt Hancock, I thought he did a good job under difficult conditions.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:52 AM

I reckon someone snitched on him, who knew he was having kissy,kissy in his office ,hence the camera..therefore breaking covid rules.

His personal affairs are just that “ His”

But , when it comes to breaking those rules, which he was preaching to the UK,

I guess it’s called a “ Hypocrite “ therefore imo had no choice but to resign, how could anyone respect him after that....

The general public imo would never let him forget what he did with his alleged bit of stuff..

I noticed on the camera footage, he checked a cupboard, not realising that cameras are so tiny these days, can be placed anywhere....highly intelligent man, never thought that one out...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:01 AM

That's hilarious Bruce "wancock's half hour"

Although Jonathan Ashworth has compared the appointment of Sajid Javid as Health Secretary to "putting the fox among the chickens" after his time in treasury making cuts to NHS funding. Apparently Ayn Rand is a heroine of his. A money man with a former city career now heading healthcare. You have to wonder whether it was planned all along....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:11 AM

I am not sorry Hancock has gone, I thought him a lightweight not up to the job..

I will just mention PPE (repeatedly saying there was no shortage when their clearly was) care homes,test and trace among his many shortcomings. His TV briefings were poor, to almost every question posed he replied ''That's an an important question' even if if wasn't. A lot of the positive things he is being credited with can be attributed to the hard work of others. I even found his departure speech banal and cliched ...pathetic...

When you enter into a relationship with someone it is all consuming of your attention, we need someone who can give their full attention to the current nightmare.
I think Cummings had his measure....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

I noticed on the camera footage, he checked a cupboard, not realising that cameras are so tiny these days, can be placed anywhere....highly intelligent man, never thought that one out...
I thought that was a door to another office and he was checking if anyone was around to disturb his guilty pleasures. If a cupboard do you think he planned to get into it with his squeeze?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Yes, l agree too, summer.

None of us are perfect.... what’s the saying.. ‘Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone...

Page 19 of 29 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top