Join for free
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: Bastille Day Attack

Maybe you could enlighten me, I'm a bit thick when it comes to terrorism, how to deal with it and the reasons for their existence.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It no longer even mildly shocks me - which is quite shocking in itself.
I was the same when I heard.
I just thought ...France again.
Why France? Why not Spain or Germany .. always France.
Sadly, it is becoming the norm.

What I find unsettling it when they say 'lone wolf'.
We all think of nutcases like Isis, of organised well planned out attacks and religious zealots or hardened extremists who travelled to the Middle East for training and trod their murderous tendencies back here.

When it is just a guy who hires a van to mow down innocent people it is altogether more chilling.
How do the security forces ferret out a 'lone wolf'.
A man who otherwise might just live life like we do .. who one day decides to go on a killing spree.
There seems to be getting a lot of lone wolves out there.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Maybe you could enlighten me, I'm a bit thick when it comes to terrorism, how to deal with it and the reasons for their existence.
No thanks. As I have mentioned elsewhere - self preservation is kicking in - it has for me for a quite a while. I prefer to keep relatively quiet about certain matters and my head on my shoulders (literally). Doesn't mean anyone can't find out the facts if they so wish as the internet is just as much available for me as it is for you.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:16 PM

You're not expecting Isis to arrive on your doorstep are you MKJ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You're not expecting Isis to arrive on your doorstep are you MKJ?
As I have said - stop laying all of the problems sweeping across Europe on their doormat.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

15-07-2016, 01:20 PM

Bit cryptic.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:21 PM

I was the same when I heard.
I just thought ...France again.
Why France? Why not Spain or Germany .. always France.
Sadly, it is becoming the norm.

What I find unsettling it when they say 'lone wolf'.
We all think of nutcases like Isis, of organised well planned out attacks and religious zealots or hardened extremists who travelled to the Middle East for training and trod their murderous tendencies back here.

When it is just a guy who hires a van to mow down innocent people it is altogether more chilling.
How do the security forces ferret out a 'lone wolf'.
A man who otherwise might just live life like we do .. who one day decides to go on a killing spree.
There seems to be getting a lot of lone wolves out there.
The term ' lone wolf'

A lone wolf is someone who commits violent acts in support of some group or ideology but who does so alone, the perpetrator will be a follower of IS(or similar) and acting on orders, not direct orders but orders to supporters in general.

As there were grenades, rifles, ammo etc in the rear of the truck I think it was a funded attack with direct lines to IS. Imho.

I think the news often use the term 'lone wolf' unjustly, it sounds more sinister than 'a bloke on his own'
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

15-07-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
As I have said - stop laying all of the problems sweeping across Europe on their doormat.
I certainly lay blame for all the attacks and deaths firmly at the feet of IS.

I refuse to blame all Muslims for this, I blame a group of nutcases that just happen to be Muslims.

Muslims are as much a victim of IS ideology as all of us.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

15-07-2016, 01:27 PM

Bit cryptic.
I prefer 'thought provoking'. Necessary prod to make people do some research of their own.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

15-07-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I certainly lay blame for all the attacks and deaths firmly at the feet of IS.

I refuse to blame all Muslims for this, I blame a group of nutcases that just happen to be Muslims.

Muslims are as much a victim of IS ideology as all of us.
Well my prod seems to be working - but only partially .

You ain't there yet though.

And I agree with you by the way - partially.

Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top