Join for free
Page 356 of 370 « First < 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:43 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Nice, Mart! How did it feel being out there?

I trudged my way through a slow four-miler, but it was great to be able to knock out some distance and test out my new, well-needed, running shoes.

Just 950 more miles before 2022!
Well done Surfer, that's the spirit...
It's always a tense moment when going out for the first run in a pair of new running shoes...
Minus 4 here this morning so I took it steady as well. Although with a heavy and crunchy frost, grip wasn't a problem for most of the way and the usually muddy lane was like running on tarmac it was so hard...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Nice, Mart! How did it feel being out there?

I trudged my way through a slow four-miler, but it was great to be able to knock out some distance and test out my new, well-needed, running shoes.

Just 950 more miles before 2022!
It was OK being out. Not many cars on the road but a good few people walking, running and cycling. No problem with shoes on the bike of course. It can be tyreing (or tireing) though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:36 AM

I had to reconsider not bothering about exercise when I experienced something that I hadn't been troubled with for years. I heard a wheeze and got a feeling of tightness in the chest when exhaling. Signs of asthma coming back.

I'm not going out so have gone back to the indoor exercises that I did during the first lockdown. Fast stepping up and down a stepping-stool, changing the leading leg every 30 seconds. Doing this for five minutes few times a day. This makes the heart and lungs work a bit. My calf muscles hurt for the first couple of days but Heck!, I could handle it. They are fairly painless now.

It was either this or go back to using the Ventolin inhaler.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I
I'm not going out so have gone back to the indoor exercises that I did during the first lockdown. Fast stepping up and down a stepping-stool, changing the leading leg every 30 seconds. Doing this for five minutes few times a day. This makes the heart and lungs work a bit. My calf muscles hurt for the first couple of days but Heck!, I could handle it. They are fairly painless now.

It was either this or go back to using the Ventolin inhaler.
Sounds good to me! I am sure you are getting a lot of benefits that you don't even realize.

I do something akin to this on a wide aerobics bench. The steps are coordinated with arm exercises employing three-pound weights. It's as good of an indoor workout as I have come up with that doesn't require machines.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:36 PM

Happy to say that on top of the usual dog walk I did almost an hour of Yoga! First time for a couple of months at least. Boy was I stiff. I can't believe what lockdown does to your flexibility. I'm always amazed at the magic of yoga in unlocking energy and fitness in a few moves without even getting out of breath!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
A few photos of us..

Top left: My 8 years older brother and me.
Top right: A Friday ride group (me on the right).
Bottom left: Me looking toward the land I was about to ride.
Bottom right: Bruv nearing the top of a hill.
Very cool.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 08:20 AM

Hi

My legs have decided not to work again.

This is just a pain, literally.

Onwards and upwards.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My legs have decided not to work again.

This is just a pain, literally.

Onwards and upwards.
I am so terribly sorry, SF. What does this mean and what is the plan to get you up and moving again?

Originally Posted by Mike.jonsen ->
New to the forum but just thought I'd post about my most recent workout I've been trying. Started doing deadlifts the other day to strengthen my back and posterior chain. My son whose a phyiso actually recommended it to me.

Anyways today was my second time doing them. The first was really touch on my shins and I found they were always scrapping. Decided to try out these new deadlift socks any they worked wonders! would highly recommend [link removed]

Anyways. I'll be continue to try and work up my weight safely on this exercise. (I'm currently doing 15 pounds on each side). Hoping to get to 25 pounds by then end of the month!
Hello, Mike and welcome! It sounds like you have a good plan going there - and even better, some wise and reliable expertise! My understanding is that deadlifts are one of the best exercises for overall strength training. Are you working to build reps, weight or sustain your efforts?

Looking forward to hearing about your training. OFF is loaded with people who exercise or otherwise strive to sustain their health. We have runners, yoga enthusiasts, swimmers, cyclists, and weight and cardio participants. You will like it here!
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

19-01-2021, 09:37 PM

New to this site but I like to do my bit in keeping active by doing own workout push-ups, dips running on spot and stretches few times a week also like to cycle, sometimes hard to self motivate but once get going I fine 🙂
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:03 AM

Lovely photos of happy memories Mart, also a beautiful location.

Page 356 of 370 « First < 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top