Join for free
Page 10 of 30 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:24 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Looking closely at the pic again,Carol...I can see he has no need whatsoever, to reverse into your drive....the gates are well open....it looks like, he’s to lazy to go that far back.

Where is his car housed?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:27 PM

Looking at your excellent photo's Carol, l would say that you don't
have a leg to stand on ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:29 PM

He has a four wheel drive. He keeps in in front of his house.
All the neighbours have cars & they all keep them in front of their house.

I took the pics this morning - they all must be out at work.
It's very congested as you can imagine when they're all there.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
He has a four wheel drive. He keeps in in front of his house.
All the neighbours have cars & they all keep them in front of their house.

I took the pics this morning - they all must be out at work.
It's very congested as you can imagine when they're all there.
Which means it is perfectly reasonable for him to manoeuvre making use of "your" driveway.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:35 PM

Carol based on the photos it looks as though your drive is nice and wide and your son's is more restricted. You have that nicely rounded corner next to soft bushes which will appeal to a big vehicle as there is no risk of bumps and scratches. If I had to choose where to turn it would be your drive.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Looking closely at the pic again,Carol...I can see he has no need whatsoever, to reverse into your drive....the gates are well open....it looks like, he’s to lazy to go that far back.
Yes that's probably correct Pauline. Ady's car park is accessible to them all. The opening is wide.

A builders van has no problems turning round on it.
Mind you - it does require a certain skill.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:38 PM

When there is no communication ,in these sort of circumstances, people think they can park, wherever they like, some because, they rent or haven’t been shown by a solicitor, on their deeds what is what.

I had exactly the same problem here....this car park ,was so congested, that a couple got their car banged into.

It was terrible trying to park here. I eventually went to a solicitor,..got everything sorted as in what I owned, I was also allowed to open my garden up to make a care space, it’s at the side of my other car space......put up that bollard.....two no parking stencils on the ground....sorted....of course you get delivery drivers,dropping stuff off....but at least it never gets congested here, since I put that bollard up....in other words it restricts, where they can park....only in their bays now.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

20-01-2021, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes that's probably correct Pauline. Ady's car park is accessible to them all. The opening is wide.

A builders van has no problems turning round on it.
Mind you - it does require a certain skill.

Indeed, it is plenty wide enough, Carol...he’s just be awkward.

He shouldn’t be reversing into your drive...full stop....the photos explain the situation better.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

20-01-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Carol based on the photos it looks as though your drive is nice and wide and your son's is more restricted. You have that nicely rounded corner next to soft bushes which will appeal to a big vehicle as there is no risk of bumps and scratches. If I had to choose where to turn it would be your drive.

My little bit of tarmac(drive) is only about a cars length long Annie.

When my garage door is down there's a good chance you could bump into my garage door.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:48 PM

Carol, have you ordered the CCTV yet, if not l should do it right away
as l think you will be needing the EVIDENCE soon after you install
your bollard !!
If your neighbour has a proper 4 by4 he will have no trouble pulling
your pole out of the ground and dumping it in a ditch ??
You look like a nice lady??
You sound like a very obstinate one??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 10 of 30 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top