Join for free
Page 17 of 164 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:11 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, good idea Mags.

There are definitely some people better than others at injecting us though.

There is a woman at the blood clinic not far from me, and I refuse to see her now, because she has made a right old mess of my arm twice now.
Nobody else does, it is only her.

Ooer, just had a thought - this one I don't like is Indian also! Wonder if it's the same one?
Blimey, if it have to see her I will just have to refuse.
Mups a blood test is far more complicated. My mum's a lot older than you (prob old enough to be your mum too!) and it's always a trauma getting someone who doesn't know how to find a vein. But with the vaccine it just goes in the muscle so they don't have to search for a vein.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:14 AM

my biggest worry is catching covid when queuing for the vaccine. You have no protection at the time or for three weeks at least.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:49 AM

Prime Minister Scotty from Marketting says the Australian Government is watching "very closely" as countries overseas indicate there are supply issues with the Pfizer vaccine.

Following today's National Cabinet meeting, Scotty said he would not speculate on the approval time of the use of a coronavirus vaccine in Australia.

Meanwhile NSW recorded its sixth day of no new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8:00pm last night.

There were 11,343 tests conducted in the reporting period, compared with the previous day's total of 17,431.

Virus fragments have again been detected in two sewage treatment plants; Liverpool and Glenfield.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:17 PM

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
my biggest worry is catching covid when queuing for the vaccine. You have no protection at the time or for three weeks at least.
That concerned me when I took Dad for his the other day, there were a lot of people there. I tried my best to keep him out of harms way but a lot of people weren't social distancing. It wasn't the people running the venues fault as they had tried their best to space things out but it was the people who were there for their jabs. Ridiculous
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
That concerned me when I took Dad for his the other day, there were a lot of people there. I tried my best to keep him out of harms way but a lot of people weren't social distancing. It wasn't the people running the venues fault as they had tried their best to space things out but it was the people who were there for their jabs. Ridiculous
I hope your dad is ok LQ. Hopefully those queueing have been shielding as they are the most vulnerable.

The trouble with this dratted bug is that you don't see symptoms for a few days so it's like torture waiting and worrying about every cough or ache/pain.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's a shame, I can honestly say I hardly felt the needle at all, it was over and done in no time.

If you speak to her tomorrow Mups, ask her if she has a temperature. I was thinking if she did have a temperature, maybe she should report it to the wherever she had it done .... just in case she was a carrier (which I sincerely hope she wasn't)

I spoke to my friend earlier this morning, and she said she still doesn't feel right, but better than she did last night. I guess at least that's an improvement.

I had to go out this morning, so dropped her in something quick and easy for her dinner on my way home - and No, i didn't go in.
I didn't see her though, as she was feeding her animals down the field.
So I gave it to her daughter, who i was a little alarmed to see had gone into the house to visit. Not sure how wise that was under the circumstances.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:43 PM

Mups a blood test is far more complicated. My mum's a lot older than you (prob old enough to be your mum too!) and it's always a trauma getting someone who doesn't know how to find a vein. But with the vaccine it just goes in the muscle so they don't have to search for a vein.

I can see what you mean, Annie and thanks.
I still won't have that woman again though. Once might have been acceptable, but not twice.
I've never had a bruise like it, and she ain't getting a third chance.

It can't be my veins either, because nobody else there bruises me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:57 PM

Annie you will probably be expected to wear a mask & stand 2 metres apart, that's what I had to do when I went for my flu jab in September.
If you have to queue outside, keep your coat on till you get inside! I think that is one of the reasons they want all invited people to keep to their exact appointment time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:10 PM

Hi

My flu jab was delivered at home.

My Covid jab will be the same.

Page 17 of 164 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top