Join for free
Page 4 of 26 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 01:07 PM

Re: Impeachment of Donald Trump

It really pisses me off when I read words like "fascists" and "Brown Shirts" and "Nazis" thrown around by people who in virtually every case have no idea of what life was like for people in the Weimar Republicand how and why the Nazi party and government emerged. Both my wife's family and my family at that time experienced it first hand,

Some survived and brought first hand accounts back with them when a few visited with us en route to OUR homeland in Israel.

I learned about people and more importantly about how and why it was inevitable that after the shameful Versailles treaty there was not WW2 but a resurgence of WW1.

Brown Shirts? Unfair to condemn them all, many didn't have a choice.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It really pisses me off when I read words like "fascists" and "Brown Shirts" and "Nazis" thrown around by people who in virtually every case have no idea of what life was like for people in the Weimar Republicand how and why the Nazi party and government emerged. Both my wife's family and my family at that time experienced it first hand,

Some survived and brought first hand accounts back with them when a few visited with us en route to OUR homeland in Israel.

I learned about people and more importantly about how and why it was inevitable that after the shameful Versailles treaty there was not WW2 but a resurgence of WW2.

Brown Shirts? Unfair to condemn them all, many didn't have a choice.
With you 100% there AT
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Sadly, no ….. a conviction is required …..

Bit of an oversight ....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:06 PM

Then is there any point to have another impeachment?

US voters must wonder when this unholy fiasco will ever cease and elected government get on with the job in hand, far more important than the superficiality of petty politics.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Then is there any point to have another impeachment?
Yes ..... to make the point that Trump is the worst US President ever ..... even if the impeachment process doesn't convict Trump, it will go on his record .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Both Democrats and Republicans are doing irreparable damage, and their reputations will be tarnished.

More Independent senators needed, and the likelihood of a 3rd party.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Both Democrats and Republicans are doing irreparable damage, and their reputations will be tarnished.
Trump did the damage - he's responsible for the death of 400,000 US citizens, more than the number of US service personnel that were killed in WWII .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:45 PM

Trump did the damage - he's responsible for the death of 400,000 US citizens, more than were killed in WWII .....
Add the USSR casualties which vary between 30 million and around 80 million and there's a long way to go.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

23-01-2021, 04:14 PM

Trump did the damage - he's responsible for the death of 400,000 US citizens, more than were killed in WWII .....
Which is what they all need to focus on. Putting differences aside to battle the pandemic nothing else.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:14 PM

Trump did the damage - he's responsible for the death of 400,000 US citizens, more than the number of US service personnel that were were killed in WWII .....
Trump isn't responsible for one single death.
Not one.
It might have escaped your attention, but it is Covid-19 that is killing people.
That's why people are dying all over the world - and neither Trump nor anybody else is responsible for those deaths either.

The actions of any one person have no significant impact whatsoever.
It is the actions of people that are responsible.

Page 4 of 26 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top