Join for free
Page 19 of 164 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:30 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Just this minute heard of 2 more people, neighbours, who have felt rough for 24 hours after their Oxford jab, so that's 3 now I've heard of.

A friend who lives a few houses away phoned. She said they gave her a card with symptoms to look out for that affect some people. I believe she said about 1 in 10.

She felt unnaturally tired. Cold, and nauseous.
She told me another lady nearby was exactly the same within about 5 - 6 hours after the vaccination.

She feels perkier today though, same as my first friend I said about a couple of days ago.

Still haven't heard anything about mine yet.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:38 PM

‘Tis done and l have a little card to prove it! I had the Pfizer vaccine. The whole process was effortless and thorough. The nurse said, l would be contacted about the second vaccination.

I feel fine so far. All l wanted after having it done was something really nice and tasty.
So l have just had grilled Clonakilty Black Pudding and tomatoes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:11 PM

Well done Art
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done Art
Thank You, Mags.
Frankie1944
Herts uk
Frankie1944 is female  Frankie1944 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:27 PM

Mr F and I had our jabs on Friday afternoon, didn't feel a thing, he's fine but I was very tired and sleepy yesterday, ended up going to bed at 6.30 and slept till 6am this morning, Woke with a headache but was probably dehydrated felt a lot better after several glasses of water. Our cards say we had the Oxford jab.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie1944 ->
Mr F and I had our jabs on Friday afternoon, didn't feel a thing, he's fine but I was very tired and sleepy yesterday, ended up going to bed at 6.30 and slept till 6am this morning, Woke with a headache but was probably dehydrated felt a lot better after several glasses of water. Our cards say we had the Oxford jab.
Glad you feel a lot better today after your jab, Frankie.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just this minute heard of 2 more people, neighbours, who have felt rough for 24 hours after their Oxford jab, so that's 3 now I've heard of.

A friend who lives a few houses away phoned. She said they gave her a card with symptoms to look out for that affect some people. I believe she said about 1 in 10.

She felt unnaturally tired. Cold, and nauseous.
She told me another lady nearby was exactly the same within about 5 - 6 hours after the vaccination.

She feels perkier today though, same as my first friend I said about a couple of days ago.

Still haven't heard anything about mine yet.
That sounds about normal for the expected side effects of the oxford one. A couple of days of feeling a bit rough. The Pfizer one has the lowest level of side effects, unless of course you have a history of severe allergic reactions. The Moderna one has been reported as more likely to generate adverse reactions than Pfizer. It's a pity more people can't have the Pfizer vaccine but it does have some complex logistics.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That sounds about normal for the expected side effects of the oxford one. A couple of days of feeling a bit rough. The Pfizer one has the lowest level of side effects, unless of course you have a history of severe allergic reactions. The Moderna one has been reported as more likely to generate adverse reactions than Pfizer. It's a pity more people can't have the Pfizer vaccine but it does have some complex logistics.
Annie, Are you saying the Pfizer is the better of the two?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:34 PM

I was quite happy with the Oxford vaccine. No side effects at all.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:54 PM

I've volunteered to help out with the vaccination programme and did my first shift last Thursday ushering people to waiting areas, taking temperatures and making sure their hands are gelled, then directing to the exit after they've had their jab. There were times when people could walk in and after the temperature and gell, could go straight in to see a nurse and get their vaccination - at other times, they'd need to wait a short while. Queuing outside is to tick names off a list and issue a vaccination card and the queues were never more than ten people.

Page 19 of 164 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top