Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:22 PM

Re: A tribute to Meg & Mags

How kind of you Twink!

We are most fortunate to have Meg and Mags as our gentle moderators1

What makes their work so great is that we hardly notice that Mags and Meg are moderating at all. It isn't an easy thing in this day and age to maintain civil dialogue, but their even=handedness along with a pretty great membership make this forum a go-to place for debate, conversation, and friendship.

Even better, it is a testament to their excellence that we hardly think of them as moderators at all, but members whose contributions are funny, cogent, and empathetic.https://www.over50sforum.com/newrepl...reply&t=72785#

Bravo! Mags and Meg!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:45 PM

Well said Twink. Thanks Meg and Mags, for all you do.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:51 PM

I know how difficult it is to remain truly even-handed when moderating an open forum especially when some "go off on one".

For Meg and Mags, thanks for all the work you two do in the background.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	roses.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	14630  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 05:01 PM

Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:04 PM

To the two M's I say "Well done" I met Mags in 2004 online of course dur to another site of Azz's and we have remained online friends ever since, Meg I met as a Mini......and the same deal......a lovely lady.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 08:32 PM

Aww... thank you all so much for your very kind words, they are very much appreciated.

I'll let you into a little secret - you're not so bad yourselves!

Love to you all xxx
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 08:41 PM

Nice one Twink. I can only but agree with all the comments on here. We're lucky to have two moderators such as Mags and Meg, much better than some of those on other sites who are too Draconian.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 08:54 PM

This forum was recommended to me by Lord JBR, after I had got myself banned from another forum (I know, me banned, Longdogs ) I'm sure M&M disagree with a few things that are said on here but they handle it brilliantly. They are the forum and that's why it is so popular.

One thing I remember is Meg telling us she was laying on the bed with her legs up in the air. I can't remember why but who cares?

So thank you Meg and Mags, from your little internet family. X
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This forum was recommended to me by Lord JBR, after I had got myself banned from another forum (I know, me banned, Longdogs ) I'm sure M&M disagree with a few things that are said on here but they handle it brilliantly. They are the forum and that's why it is so popular.

One thing I remember is Meg telling us she was laying on the bed with her legs up in the air. I can't remember why but who cares?

So thank you Meg and Mags, from your little internet family. X

That is so true, dongly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:04 PM

Aw thank you all xxx

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top