Join for free
Page 20 of 164 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 08:51 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I was quite happy with the Oxford vaccine. No side effects at all.

Thats reassuring, Scot.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, Are you saying the Pfizer is the better of the two?
Not at all, they are different types of vaccines and the Oxford one has more chance of an adverse effect. It should be mild and last 2 days at most, but people affected may be alarmed if they feel like they have flu like symptoms after a vaccination. Feeling a bit rough is a common reaction.

The pfizer one has a risk of anaphylaxis in people who have a history of severe allergic reactions. So they watch people for fifteen mins to ensure they don't react. That's why you have to wait after that one. So some people can react badly to that one too. Potentially more life threatening but that's why they have you sitting down and have the right meds available. They will also ask you whether you have a history of severe allergies. I'd have to say no to it (if offered) for that reason.

In the case of moderna I read a study that indicated it has more incident of side effects than pfizer including possible fever aches and pains and general malaise for a couple of days. They are all similar in terms of protecting against Covid (although don't ask me about the pfizer 12 week interval idea).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Not at all, they are different types of vaccines and the Oxford one has more chance of an adverse effect. It should be mild and last 2 days at most, but people affected may be alarmed if they feel like they have flu like symptoms after a vaccination. Feeling a bit rough is a common reaction.

The pfizer one has a risk of anaphylaxis in people who have a history of severe allergic reactions. So they watch people for fifteen mins to ensure they don't react. That's why you have to wait after that one. So some people can react badly to that one too. Potentially more life threatening but that's why they have you sitting down and have the right meds available. They will also ask you whether you have a history of severe allergies. I'd have to say no to it (if offered) for that reason.

In the case of moderna I read a study that indicated it has more incident of side effects than pfizer including possible fever aches and pains and general malaise for a couple of days. They are all similar in terms of protecting against Covid (although don't ask me about the pfizer 12 week interval idea).
I only asked because l had the Pfizer vaccine.
I told the nurse today that l was allergic to various things. She asked if l was ever hospitalised for any allergic reaction?
I said, l hadn’t.
Then she showed me the list of the ingredients of the Pfizer and asked if l was allergic to any of them.
There were three headings, Fats, Salt and Sugar. I wasn’t familiar with the Lipids under the Fats heading.
I didn’t think l was allergic to any of the sodium things under the Salt heading or normal sugar under the Sugar heading as l don’t have sugar in tea or on anything.

So she asked me if l wanted her to go ahead with giving me the vaccine and l said, ‘Yes’!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 11:02 PM

I only asked because l had the Pfizer vaccine.
I told the nurse today that l was allergic to various things. She asked if l was ever hospitalised for any allergic reaction?
I said, l hadn’t.
Then she showed me the list of the ingredients of the Pfizer and asked if l was allergic to any of them.
There were three headings, Fats, Salt and Sugar. I wasn’t familiar with the Lipids under the Fats heading.
I didn’t think l was allergic to any of the sodium things under the Salt heading or normal sugar under the Sugar heading as l don’t have sugar in tea or on anything.

So she asked me if l wanted her to go ahead with giving me the vaccine and l said, ‘Yes’!
Seems you will have no side effects. If you are to have a reaction it will be right away.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 11:13 PM

Seems you will have no side effects. If you are to have a reaction it will be right away.

The three people I know who felt rough said it started within about 5-6 hrs. and lasted approx 24 - 36 hrs.

Just heard 4 vaccination centres had to close because of the snow today.
Its about 6" deep here tonight - and minus 6!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

24-01-2021, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The three people I know who felt rough said it started within about 5-6 hrs. and lasted approx 24 - 36 hrs.

Just heard 4 vaccination centres had to close because of the snow today.
Its about 6" deep here tonight - and minus 6!
I thought you said that was the Oxford vaccine?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-01-2021, 12:14 AM

I thought you said that was the Oxford vaccine?

That's right. They were all Oxford.

One pfeizer one i know of was fine.

What's wrong, Annie?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:15 AM

Annie, I am still ok but maybe tomorrow might be different when my body realises there’s a predator lurking in my system!

Mups, When the snow started falling here and settling, my heart sank but luckily the roads were fine when l went for my vaccination.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-01-2021, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's right. They were all Oxford.

One pfeizer one i know of was fine.

What's wrong, Annie?
Nowt wrong Mups, but you were replying to Art's post about a Pfeizer vaccine. My mum had the pfeizer one too and all well no side effects. I wish I could have that one but I have a history of anaphylaxis.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-01-2021, 01:50 AM

Annie, I am still ok but maybe tomorrow might be different when my body realises there’s a predator lurking in my system!

If you didn't react right away there's no chance you will have an allergic reaction tomorrow. If you do it won't be the vaccine. Hope all goes well.

Page 20 of 164 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top