Join for free
Page 358 of 370 « First < 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:43 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It was very relaxing and easy Mups. I just looked it up and this is the "hip opener" version. No tummy contriction involved

Did you mean to add a link Annie?

I can only think you must do a different Child's Pose to me, because deep breathing would be very uncomfortable in that position normally, if not harmful even. You need to be upright to expand lungs, not scrunched up in a ball.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Did you mean to add a link Annie?

I can only think you must do a different Child's Pose to me, because deep breathing would be very uncomfortable in that position normally, if not harmful even. You need to be upright to expand lungs, not scrunched up in a ball.
No I wasn't planning to add a link, but there are a few variations of child's pose and in the hip opener one your belly is over the floor not your knees the chest is also opened to the earth. I have yet to do a yoga move where deep breathing is harmful. I've always loved child's pose, extended child's pose etc. Could stay there all day. Perhaps it depends on the type of yoga you practice?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 04:56 PM

In wall to wall sunshine I decided on a steady ramble up the lane. If the sun is out, so am I....
For two reasons really. (1) To see if the lane had dried out enough for a run down it on Tuesday (It is my five mile cross country route) and (2) To obtain my natural covid vaccine, Sunshine and Vitamin D.... Hence the shorts.

Had it dried out enough? No, as this biker will testify to....
But it turned out to be a nice walk anyway despite the mud and puddles, and these are my stats on the GPS if anyone is interested...

A parcel had arrived for me when I returned home. My walking shoes were getting a bit worse for wear, so I ordered a pair of these bad boys....A bit expensive, but worth it for the comfort and quality....

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No I wasn't planning to add a link, but there are a few variations of child's pose and in the hip opener one your belly is over the floor not your knees the chest is also opened to the earth. I have yet to do a yoga move where deep breathing is harmful. I've always loved child's pose, extended child's pose etc. Could stay there all day. Perhaps it depends on the type of yoga you practice?

Yes, that must be it, Annie.
Yours sounds very different to mine.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 06:51 PM

I appreciate listening in to the information on the poses, Annie and Mups. My head knows how good yoga is for me, but I confess to having to commit to it. Good to hear that you two are getting so many benefits from it. I am a kindergartner when it comes to practicing!

OGF, your descriptions and photos of your outings are pure pleasure to read. I really enjoy paths like that one with greenery all around. That looks like a popular route. Do you usually have it to yourself?

Sharp hiking shoes too ! I'm sure you will enjoy them immensely with much more grip than running shoes offer. I once made the mistake of going on a tropical vacation that was to include plenty of misty jungle hiking. I thought I could get by with just my running shoes. After five days of slipping, sliding, falling, mud, grabbed branches, scrapes and bruises, I learned my lesson .

Now here's a delicate can of worms to be opened (and people think religion threads can be touchy) : Are you sure you are tying them the right direction?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:08 PM

Thanks Surfermom, the route shown is my regular five mile run, in the winter at seven in the morning it's very rare to see anyone other than the odd brave dog walker. It's even better in the summer because it will be six in the morning when I jog down the lane into the rising sun....

You're right about the hiking shoes, I also have tried to use my running shoes for some rough country hiking and suffered the same fate as you. So these Merrells seem to be a good ,Crossover?...

Actually, the laces were only tied for trying on purposes, that's why they looked a little messy.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-01-2021, 01:10 PM

A spectacular six mile run this morning, plenty of frost but hardly any ice so no slippy bits. I know Surfermom will probably laugh but....I had strawberry jam on toast for supper last night because I was still hungry. It's been ages since I've had supper. But this morning I ran out of my socks and I don't think it's a coincidence.....

A quick question for you Surfermom, and any other veggie or vegans tuning in....Because Vitamin D is mainly found in Meat, fish and eggs (Supplements are not supposed to be a satisfactory substitute) how do you obtain your vit D?

I strongly believe that it is very beneficial in the fight against covid, and although it won't stop you catching the virus, it may help in producing a favourable outcome...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A spectacular six mile run this morning, plenty of frost but hardly any ice so no slippy bits. I know Surfermom will probably laugh but....I had strawberry jam on toast for supper last night because I was still hungry. It's been ages since I've had supper. But this morning I ran out of my socks and I don't think it's a coincidence.....

A quick question for you Surfermom, and any other veggie or vegans tuning in....Because Vitamin D is mainly found in Meat, fish and eggs (Supplements are not supposed to be a satisfactory substitute) how do you obtain your vit D?

I strongly believe that it is very beneficial in the fight against covid, and although it won't stop you catching the virus, it may help in producing a favourable outcome...
Six! Wow! I am fighting my way back to have a really seamless five, OGF. Well done.

That supper of toast and jam is not bad. I am all about fueling the night before. Nothing worse than running with anything in my stomach. I even shy away from water until after I'm done.

Good question about Vitamin D, OGF. Vitamin D is one that we synthesize with sunshine. Running this time of year in shorts and a tank, I am getting plenty (with the tan lines to prove it ) by the time I finish a 5 miler. I cook with plenty of mushrooms that are rich in D. I got to thinking about this, however, and I can see why in more northerly latitudes this could be more of a challenge. I am with you though, that vitamin is one that we take most seriously in this house.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:44 AM

Just a caution that might apply..

I still go out in the Sun of course but not exposing very much bare skin. No shorts and T-shirts these days. Tracksuit bottoms and long sleeves now. Years of exposure to the Sun (sunbathing - cycling - walking) has caused a couple of patches of Bowen's Disease.

Too much Sun can affect a person in later years, so maybe its best to curb exposure to it on purpose, even though it's nice. I guess it depends on skin type but Mrs mart also had a patch of it on her leg.

We take our vitamin D is in tablet form these days.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:53 AM

day seven of yoga today. Feeling energised but worried about whether I'm also doing myself some permanent injuries turning my head towards the tv!

Page 358 of 370 « First < 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top