Join for free
Page 21 of 164 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:23 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Australia's medical regulator, the Therapeutic Goods Administration, has approved the first COVID-19 vaccine for use.

Pfizer's jab will be rolled out from late next month, after being given provisional approval.

The announcement was somewhat symbolic, occurring one year to the day the first COVID-19 cases were recorded in Australia.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 06:41 AM

If you are interested in the vaccine this is the most interesting and science based discussion of the vaccine trials, the mistakes, the effectiveness and the approval of the Pfizer vaccine. Also discusses what we have learned over the last year and the new strains.

Well worth watching, this doctor is a good communicator

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

25-01-2021, 09:21 AM

On this evening's news there was a short piece on other investigations and drugs in the fight against Covid and its treatment, particularly the effectiveness of already existing drugs.

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mups a blood test is far more complicated. My mum's a lot older than you (prob old enough to be your mum too!) and it's always a trauma getting someone who doesn't know how to find a vein. But with the vaccine it just goes in the muscle so they don't have to search for a vein.
After years on monthly blood tests checks for Warfarin, I can support some of what you say.

Nurses are usually very good at doling the blood tests.

Only the very new nurses have a few start up problems, usually in finding hard to find veins.

Doctors are a NO NO!

My advice - Don't ever let a Doctor do a blood test!

Anyway, hopefully, the UK Vac programme will be allowed to continue , unabated, even if the EU do try to force their way up the queue to hide their booking incompetence!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...covid-vaccine/
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
After years on monthly blood tests checks for Warfarin, I can support some of what you say.

Only the very new nurses have a few start up problems, usually in finding hard to find veins.

Doctors are a NO NO!

Anyway, hopefully, the UK Vac programme will be allowed to continue , unabated, even if the EU do try to force their way up the queue to hide their booking incompetence!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...covid-vaccine/
I've known a few doctors be very good at blood tests but in general I agree.

The UK vaccination programme hopefully shouldn't suffer too much despite the ruddy EU trying to make up for their self-imposed problems.
Ministers aren't worried, but I accept that this doesn't mean much.
We use mostly AstraZeneca though which is cheaper too, in total ordering 100 million of those compared to a total of 40 million of the Pfizer-Biontech that the EU are complaining about.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 12:59 PM

Some lucky bloke bought lots of AstraZeneca shares last year....

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some lucky bloke bought lots of AstraZeneca shares last year....

Share buying & selling is a risky game, though!

You have to pay expensive experts a lot of money to coach you through it.

When do you sell?

When should youi buy?

That's the key.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:08 AM

After a few cancellations, my old mum's vaccination can take place. I'm taking her to Boots Pharmacy in town this Friday. She's been wittering on about it for weeks now, so maybe I'll get a bit of peace.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
After a few cancellations, my old mum's vaccination can take place. I'm taking her to Boots Pharmacy in town this Friday. She's been wittering on about it for weeks now, so maybe I'll get a bit of peace.
Aww.. that good news Judd, I wish your Mum well and that everything goes straightforward for her.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Doctors are a NO NO!

Not surprised about the doctor tip. A bit like never letting a dentist clean your teeth. Leave it to the experts (hygienists).

My mum even has a favourite phlebotomist. Elderly Asian guy who always, let her jump the queue because of her age, had a nice chat with her, made her smile and could always find her vein. I can't take her now because of Covid so it's a PPE enrobed district nurse home visit, but those were the days like a social outing.

Page 21 of 164 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top