Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 06:41 PM

Re: Careful Choice

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
By quoting only the last sentence of that paragraph in my post you have taken my comment totally out of context, which I suggest, is why you disagree with me. I can see what you mean. However, I am not writing about those who intentionally say something with the wish to deliberately hurt another person's feelings. What I am writing about are those "people who have difficulties", those who have problems with mental health issues, and there are many. Have you ever dealt with anyone with those issues who hears something that sends them back to a real problem of the past (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD)? The person who says something completely unintentionally causing something unexpected in the other person, by not knowing a particular reaction could be the result. The only way to try to prevent this from happening is to "tread on eggshells", to think before saying anything. From personal experience I can assure you it's far from easy, unfortunately though often very necessary with particular people with these problems.

I see what you are saying,..PTSD, yes, people can say something ,that takes you back to the problems of their past,I know all about that, again, you can’t keep treading on eggshells or protecting them, they need to find ways of dealing with it, that has been my experience,..imo,you can’t wrap everyone up in cotton wool.......unless, they are mentally unstable, then that’s a different story......or if they are mentally incapable.

PTSD, can be worked through,if you can get to the root/ source and through counselling,can come to understand PTSD.

I mean your own PTSD that is.......PTSD is invisible to those who have never suffered from it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I try to but sometimes I forget
Mostly I can't remember the word I want to use so have to carefully choose another one.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mostly I can't remember the word I want to use so have to carefully choose another one.
Aphasia - I know it well.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:16 PM

That happens LD, sometimes.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top