Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Bruised!!

This morning - Shimmied up an ancient step ladder, Black and Decker in hand, ready to do battle with a rusty recalcitrant bracket - postie knocks at the door - startles step ladder - which immediately did it's impersonation of a bucking bronco! I hit the radiator on the way down, land on floor with my head in the cat basket - cat not happy - me not happy - postie not happy!

Hey ho - hot bath - generous application of Arnica - even more generous application of Jameson's - and a good excuse to spend the afternoon lounging about on sofa and watching DVDs.

The things one does to banish lockdown blues!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:30 PM

Re: Bruised!!

Oh Tabs, what have you done? Hope you don't hurt too much tomorrow. Here's a cuddle.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh Tabs, what have you done? Hope you don't hurt too much tomorrow. Here's a cuddle.
Thank you, Dongles!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:42 PM

So sorry Silver Tabby! That sounds like a scene straight out of Keeping up Appearances!
I do hope you feel better soon.

I fell off a ladder once. Still have a tiny scar on my elbow to remind me.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
This morning - Shimmied up an ancient step ladder, Black and Decker in hand, ready to do battle with a rusty recalcitrant bracket - postie knocks at the door - startles step ladder - which immediately did it's impersonation of a bucking bronco! I hit the radiator on the way down, land on floor with my head in the cat basket - cat not happy - me not happy - postie not happy!

Hey ho - hot bath - generous application of Arnica - even more generous application of Jameson's - and a good excuse to spend the afternoon lounging about on sofa and watching DVDs.

Good grief, that must have been unnerving in addition to painful! So pleased you weren't seriously hurt.

Your cat has asked me to pass along the message that a different style of hat would be most appreciated .

Seriously, Tabby, if you hit your head, you might (please) consider asking a dependable friend to check on your tonight and again in the morning.

Enjoy the movies!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:47 PM

Sorry to hear that my friend. Head hits are not trivial. Have a checkup ASAP yeah?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-01-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good grief, that must have been unnerving in addition to painful! So pleased you weren't seriously hurt.

Your cat has asked me to pass along the message that a different style of hat would be most appreciated .

Seriously, Tabby, if you hit your head, you might (please) consider asking a dependable friend to check on your tonight and again in the morning.

Enjoy the movies!
Furry cat basket (and cat) saved my head, Surfermom, my shoulder hit the radiator. I am a lovely shade of technicolour now - look out Hollywood!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-01-2021, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Sorry to hear that my friend. Head hits are not trivial. Have a checkup ASAP yeah?
LOL! It might have knocked some sense into me, Keezoy but it was just my shoulder hit the radiator.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:21 PM

LOL! It might have knocked some sense into me, Keezoy but it was just my shoulder hit the radiator.
Was the radiator on so that you didn't get the cold shoulder?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:22 PM

Glad to hear that you are ok, that could have been really nasty ,ouch to that radiator.....take it easy, we don’t need these type of falls at our age, big hug,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top