Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 06:01 PM

Poor Melania!

Melania Trump leaves the White House with the worst popularity rating for any first lady at the end of her term in polling history.

So why was she so unpopular?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 06:48 PM

Re: Poor Melania!

Melania doesn't have to stay with Trump, it is her choice.

Some women like powerful men even if it means tolerating a loud mouthed orange faced narcissist who doesn't have any manners , I would run a mile from a man like that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Melania Trump leaves the White House with the worst popularity rating for any first lady at the end of her term in polling history.

So why was she so unpopular?
I don't think any First Ladies have it easy, but Melania Trump didn't do herself any favours by keeping quiet when Donald kept opening his gob and saying abrasive and rude comments. Melania is a very smart lady and she could have been used a lot more to calm the waters.

Hey ho... with hindsight anything is possible I suppose.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 07:17 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if she has already seen her solicitor re divorce proceedings.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I wouldnt be surprised if she has already seen her solicitor re divorce proceedings.

Have you been speaking with her lawyer..

She’s so smart, she married,Donald Trump..😂🤣😅...sorry, the devil made me say it..😂🤣😅
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 07:51 PM

Yes it's a mystery why she was so unpopular isn't it?

She'll be happy now,no more pretending she cares about people.She can return to those halcyon days of shopping and spending her rich old husband's money.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 07:53 PM

Poor Melania? Hardly poor in the financial sense that's for sure. I wouldn't mind being called 'poor' if my finances were as healthy as her's appear to be:

https://www.wealthypersons.com/melan...rth-2020-2021/

$55 million in GBP is around £402,696,000 – nice money if you can get it!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:28 PM

Melania was smart in my opinion for not opening up more about who she is and showing more of her personality because she knew if she did it would only be used against her.

When Trump became president, it was only a couple of months later that the press went to town on Melania trying to disparage her legitimacy as a US citizen by digging up the past over her original visa application and green card application. From that day it is my belief Melania knew exactly how things would pan out, being that everything she would say or do, the press would try to find fault. So naturally, she decides to be very standoffish but doing so does not do herself any favours with the American public who like their first ladies to be open and willing to communicate with the American public. As a result, the majority of the American public hate her for it.

She did the right thing in my opinion, she kept out of the limelight, only doing things that a first lady is expected to do and nothing more.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:37 PM

Supporting her husband is not a reason for giving Melania low marks.

Mrs. Trump was not as active in her role as other First Ladies, but I expect that no matter what she did or said, she would have been criticized. Undoubtedly, failure to have the incoming First Lady to the White House for the traditional "Tour and Tea" was unacceptable, but I am not convinced that it was her choice.

Mrs. Trump had a real and obvious opportunity to promote LEGAL immigration and it is a shame that it was missed. She was involved in a few initiatives, but they were not widely covered in the press.

One of her few roles that was seemingly not criticized was her commitment to being a full-time mom. While she was in the White House, she considered that job one, without assigning Baron's care to nannies.

IMHO we have had a few First Ladies who have performed their jobs more poorly.

Altogether, she was dam@#(@ if she did and dam@#@ if she didn't every step of the way.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
She said she would - once his term as potus was over, which says a lot about her!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top