Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:19 PM

Re: Self-Scan

Originally Posted by Mups ->

If it is the second one, like Tabs said, I daren't try those, wouldn't have a clue how they work.
Yes, you scan the stuff as you take it from the shelf, and then put it straight into your bag. There's nothing to it, really; just point the gadget at the bar code and press the button. It even gives you a running total of how much you've spent.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:23 PM

I have a problem at time ,with change, so next time I go to Tesco, I’m going to have a good word with myself.....straight in, start that self scan, girl...isn’t it funny,what some of us are scared of.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have a problem at time ,with change, so next time I go to Tesco, I’m going to have a good word with myself.....straight in, start that self scan, girl...isn’t it funny,what some of us are scared of.
You need to have a Tesco club card to use the self scanners, Pauline.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Yes, you scan the stuff as you take it from the shelf, and then put it straight into your bag. There's nothing to it, really; just point the gadget at the bar code and press the button. It even gives you a running total of how much you've spent.

So how do you pay, then?

Don't forget to wear gloves if you are holding those scanners everyone else has been holding. .
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-01-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So how do you pay, then?
When you've finished shopping, you go to the checkout, point the device at the screen and press the button. Your shopping then scrolls down the screen and then you are asked to insert your payment card. That's it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
When you've finished shopping, you go to the checkout, point the device at the screen and press the button. Your shopping then scrolls down the screen and then you are asked to insert your payment card. That's it.

Oh, I see . . . I think.

Thanks.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:43 PM

I never use them, im spending good money in their shop so i want them to do something for me. I refuse to use them. In a shop I want to be served
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-01-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I never use them, im spending good money in their shop so i want them to do something for me. I refuse to use them. In a shop I want to be served

I feel much the same Queenie.
We still have to pay the same price yet we've done all the work ourselves.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:48 PM

I like self scan . I do it in sainsburys . Pop each item in when scanned then at check out theres no packing . I do remind myself to scan everything though as it's so easy to forget. I was nervous at first but it saves queuing at checkout . I've been checked and thank goodness everything was scanned .
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-01-2021, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
The majority of shoppers still use the normal tills. That's why the self scan ones are rarely busy.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top