Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 01:30 PM

Re: Why Do Some People Wear Hi-Vis Jackets All Year Round?

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
'young man! There's no need to feel down'....
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 01:33 PM

Only having been out a few times since last March, I haven't noticed an influx of hi-viz wearers, and I can't say I ever noticed before that.

If I did see them, my sub-conscious would probably just file it under someone who was wearing work gear whilst out shopping or banking etcetera.

Perhaps it is because of a self conscious desire to be noticed, or in the hope that others will think they have an important job when they don't.

It is similar perhaps to the trend several decades ago where predominantly men kept a hard hat on the rear parcel shelf of the car. The idea was to kid people into thinking they were important civil engineers or architects so needed a hard hat only when on site, rather than manual labourers who had to wear them all the time, so considered them to be part of their tools of the trade.

I keep my hi-viz jacket on the shelf above the windscreen of my car in case I need to stop by the side of the road for any reason. I certainly wouldn't wear it if I didn't feel it was necessary.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:07 PM

I wear a hi-viz gilet whenever I'm out on my bike. I like to think that a vehicle coming up behind me can see the hi-viz before the driver see the rest of me and my bike, therefore I'm safer.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by percy vere ->
i wear a hi-viz gilet whenever i'm out on my bike. I like to think that a vehicle coming up behind me can see the hi-viz before the driver see the rest of me and my bike, therefore i'm safer.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh Dear, l think, l am already in Dodge’s bad books, now yours!

Maybe, l should have shelved this idea for a thread?
No problem Arty, I always look forward to commenting on the topics you post, you make them so interesting....Keep em' coming.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh Dear, l think, l am already in Dodge’s bad books, now yours!

Maybe, l should have shelved this idea for a thread?
Art, I started a thread on this a couple of years ago and was surprised at how many members owned one. I also got into a bit of bother.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Art, I started a thread on this a couple of years ago and was surprised at how many members owned one. I also got into a bit of bother.
Perhaps your thread was too 'Hi Vis' Longdogs....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Perhaps your thread was too 'Hi Vis' Longdogs....
It was probably dark when I posted it.

I remember commenting on the number of (ahem!) older people, passing past my window, during the day wearing Hi-viz.

Still at least the bluetooth earpieces seem to have disappeared.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top