Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:09 PM

Re: Careful Choice

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you chose your words carefully?
Yes. Dependent on the audience.
It’s really draining to always watch what you say and how you say it. Everyone is so tuned in to being politically correct nowadays
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:30 PM

When speaking, not necessarily.

I always choose my words carefully when writing.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you chose your words carefully?

I wish!

I have found, no matter how you choose your words, you are bound to upset someone,it’s inevitable.

I can’t spend my time walking on eggshells, people are who they are ,whatever their choice of words, you either accept them that way,or, you ignore them, simples.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I wish!

I have found, no matter how you choose your words, you are bound to upset someone,it’s inevitable.

I can’t spend my time walking on eggshells, people are who they are ,whatever their choice of words, you either accept them that way,or, you ignore them, simples.
Precisely so.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Precisely so.

Especially ,the word “ Fart” to some,
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:12 PM

I wish!

Precisely so.

I spent enough years walking on eggshells around my ex that I was glad to see her walk out on me in the end. I even told V just after we met that I was (and still am) a WYSIWYG-type of person and likely to say things without thinking them through first.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:20 PM

No I think one thing however my mouth seems to have a default setting for honesty but luckily my feet seem to be attached to my brain/heart and walk me away.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:20 PM

I wish!

I have found, no matter how you choose your words, you are bound to upset someone, it’s inevitable.

I can’t spend my time walking on eggshells, people are who they are, whatever their choice of words, you either accept them that way, or, you ignore them, simples.
That's covered by the old saying "You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time".

I have to admit it's difficult having to walk on eggshells, I have had to do this for years. Sometimes though, with people who have difficulties, there is no other way. You often have to think first before saying something out of place or hurtful. Nobody wants to do this, even unintentionally.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-01-2021, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
. You often have to think first before saying something out of place or hurtful. Nobody wants to do this, even unintentionally.

Nobody wants to do this, sorry Baz, disagree with you there.

Quite a few want to hurt, “ intentionally “...it’s understanding why they do this .

Have you heard the saying.........”Hurt people”..........Hurt people.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 06:33 PM

Nobody wants to do this, sorry Baz, disagree with you there.

Quite a few want to hurt, “ intentionally “... it’s understanding why they do this.

Have you heard the saying.........”Hurt people”..........Hurt people.
By quoting only the last sentence of that paragraph in my post you have taken my comment totally out of context, which I suggest, is why you disagree with me. I can see what you mean. However, I am not writing about those who intentionally say something with the wish to deliberately hurt another person's feelings. What I am writing about are those "people who have difficulties", those who have problems with mental health issues, and there are many. Have you ever dealt with anyone with those issues who hears something that sends them back to a real problem of the past (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD)? The person who says something completely unintentionally causing something unexpected in the other person, by not knowing a particular reaction could be the result. The only way to try to prevent this from happening is to "tread on eggshells", to think before saying anything. From personal experience I can assure you it's far from easy, unfortunately though often very necessary with particular people with these problems.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top