Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:22 AM

Re: Good morning Monday

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
After redesigning our son's bedroom I will draw it out today and then choose, size & price up the prospective new drawers, wardrobe & bed.
If this goes ahead it will mean rehanging the door to open on the opposite side and moving a light switch too, so I want to be sure everything is agreed before going any further.

Have a good and safe day everybody.
By coincidence I'll be re-fitting Rosemary's bedroom next week with units she has chosen from B&Q, although thankfully I don't need to change the door but I do need to move the electrics around a little. Good luck with your project too, hope it works out.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:27 AM

Good morning all the sun is shining brightly on the glistening white frost, it looks beautiful outdoors.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:04 PM

Good day everyone,

Sorry, I’m working and on a short lunch before my next meeting so I’m late in posting
It’s very cold, wet and windy here. A nice respite from the heat.

Winter is my second favourite season so I’m enjoying the cooler weather immensely and it’s going to last at least two weeks so yippee for skippee!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:11 PM

Good morning all.
All yesterdays snow is frozen solid today.
On the local news it is advising people not to drive unless essential. The road outside here looks real dodgy, you can only see one little strip of tarmac in the middle.

It looks so very pretty with the blue sky and sunshine this morning though.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
By coincidence I'll be re-fitting Rosemary's bedroom next week with units she has chosen from B&Q, although thankfully I don't need to change the door but I do need to move the electrics around a little. Good luck with your project too, hope it works out.
Thanks for that.

The placement of sockets can be a real pain, can't they?
Fortunately ours aren't too bad but our neighbour who recently moved in (the houses were built at the same time) has found bedrooms with just one single socket - completely inadequate for modern living.

It's been some years since I fitted B&Q bedroom furniture but it wasn't too bad to put together, if my memory serves me well.
Here though it will probably be Ikea furniture for the redesign because the plan is for a move in five years or so and this way means less unnecessary work.

I hope yours next week is a trouble-free experience too and wish you well.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:20 PM

While I was getting my breakfast this morning I noticed Cyril the Squirrel swinging upside down on the peanut feeder that was on a tree branch in our garden. The branch snapped and both feeder and Cyril hit the deck with a thump. When I went out later to pick up the feeder, it was empty - all the nuts had spilled out over the snow covered grass.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:34 PM

Hi

Small bedroom done, Sabina and Piotyr here.

Shopping done, cash out of the cashpoint and I can trust them both.

Aquarium done and now started on the hall landing and stairs.

I am very happy.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
While I was getting my breakfast this morning I noticed Cyril the Squirrel swinging upside down on the peanut feeder that was on a tree branch in our garden. The branch snapped and both feeder and Cyril hit the deck with a thump. When I went out later to pick up the feeder, it was empty - all the nuts had spilled out over the snow covered grass.
I can sympathise Percy, having seen the same not long ago.
That's why I bought a feeder for the little blighters, and (touch wood) so far it's stopped the squirrels from breaking another peanut feeder ............. but now we're spending so much on mixed nuts, fruit & assorted other squirrely tidbits that it would undoubtedly be cheaper to replace the bird peanut feeder and peanuts every week!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top