Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:53 AM

Doing something out of character

Do you ever get the urge to do something totally different and out of character?

I am feeling very peed off with my family at the moment (I can't say why) and I am tempted to do something completely different like selling my house and buying a tiny one bedroom property on the welsh coast where I can be away from everyone with just my dogs...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Re: Doing something out of character

If that's your dream then why don't you do it Meg? You have to think of the long term isolation though!

On the other hand - you could take a more moderate action and book yourself a holiday away somewhere and not tell them...
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:06 PM

It's usually best not to make big decisions when they are based in emotional reasons like really sad or angry or feeling depressed etc although doing something major is really tempting when things are not so good. Things always seem different when everything is on an even keel. There is nothing to stop you considering your move and it may be right for you but give it some time in order to get things just right with such a major decision.

The holiday does seem like a good idea though.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:22 PM

Oh I know the feeling Meg,the one when You think "aye They'll miss Me when I'm gone" kind of thing,lol...It doesn't last long though...Maybe renting a wee cottage on the Welsh coast for a few weeks will get it out of Your system?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:24 PM

Your frustration with your family will soon pass Meg ... these things are sent to try us !!!

I think we all sometimes have the urge to break the mould but we have to think of the long term consequences .... too drastic to sell up and move away !!!

Keep your chin up and treat yourself to something nice
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:31 PM

That's what I did Meg and I haven't regretted it
Bit different for you I think, but a nice break would be good for you, I'd like to see you do that, you deserve it
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:44 PM

Well I'm currently sailing along the Pembrokeshire coast, and wouldn't say no to a nice little pad here…

Hope the niggles soon settle, Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:51 PM

Thanks all I would never do anything on the spur of the moment that would be too far out of character

But I do feel like saying 'blow you all just get on with it' at times

Well I'm currently sailing along the Pembrokeshire coast, and wouldn't say no to a nice little pad here…
Ania isn't it a heavenly spot If it wasn't such a very long drive in a tinny little car I would be off tomorrow to my favourite cottage down there below Cardigan with its own little beach .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 01:11 PM

I know the feeling Meg and i acted on it i packed a bag with over night things,took a bus into Town went to a Travellodge and wanted to book in for two nights but they only had one night free so i had that.Then i went and got some snacks for the night and walked round town ,then back
to my room ,put the TV on at settled myself in for the night .
In the early hours of the morning a couple of lads were trying to get in my room,i heard one say to the other "Are we in the right Hotel ?"
I froze in my bed thinking should i shout no ,wrong room wrong Hotel
....i decided to keep quite,and when they couldnt get in they left.
My next break was a well planned weekend away with a coach company and i really enjoyed myself .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 01:27 PM

I couldn't imagine you upping sticks and moving Meg, I think it's just the Winter blues setting in, we all get it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top