Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 01:32 PM

Re: School sports days.

Played Rugby for the school - played cricket for the school but hated sports day with a vengeance.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 01:44 PM

I loved sports - was never competitive in life though but, I did want to see what I could achieve. My favourite was running - long jump and rounders ....
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 01:53 PM

I loved both gym and sports. Not quite good enough for school rugby but enjoyed 2nd string as a hooker would you believe. I did run X-country for the school though.

Our gym teacher,and also my house master,was one of the few decent teachers around. He knew not every boy could shin up a rope and then hang upside down-the `larger boys` were much better at shot put(I could hardly lift it yet alone throw it for a long way)
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 04:56 PM

Never saw the point of team sport - still donīt - just an excuse to air your superior physique and boast about it. Enjoyed the gymnastics though, clambering up ropes and vaulting over various wooden erections....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Never saw the point of team sport - still donīt - just an excuse to air your superior physique and boast about it. Enjoyed the gymnastics though, clambering up ropes and vaulting over various wooden erections....

Did you wear a jumper vaulting and clambering up the ropes
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 05:22 PM

Was rope climbing taught at all girls` schools?-grip tight and dig in with your heels
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Gyms at school, not great memories as we had an ex army PT instructor who thought he was still in the army teaching recruits.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Was rope climbing taught at all girls` schools?-grip tight and dig in with your heels
I remember it - but didn't like the gym at all
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Loved all sports, but sadly didn't really excel in any off them, till I got older.
Sports day was my favourite, excelling in cross country running.
But leaving school I played football well into married life, till injury put paid to that, so I took the FA course for referees and r
refereed for a few years, till once again my knees gave in.
I had a couple of replacements and once again had a go at badminton for a few years, and it was only last year I played my last game of table tennis, and I am still able to play now, but I don't get the chance.
Anyone for crown green bowling?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 07:43 PM

I hated sports and P.E. it was embarrassing and our teacher loved to humiliate. The only sport I slightly enjoyed was tennis. I would quite fancy croquet now!
My two older girls' school asked for parents ideas to get girls to exercise, I suggested aerobics, they tried it and the girls loved it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top