Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 09:21 AM

Re: national left hander's day

[QUOTE=alice76;616346]Is was an article I read yesterday which was obviously a load of rubbish!

There's a lot of rubbish about, there isn't a right handers's day as the majority of people are right handed.
The reason there is one for left hander's is because it's more difficult for left handed people in a right handed world.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 09:26 AM

I'm not right-handed, I'm a cuddy wifter.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Cuddly woofter?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:14 AM

I'm a leftie but I don't have any difficulty with anything. Take my mouse button for instance - I just click it with my middle finger instead of my index. It's second nature.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 12:25 PM

Out of interest Carol did you have anyone try to get you to write with your right hand when you were little?
I don't get the mouse and middle finger tho, if you use your left hand for the mouse why can't you use the index finger, I also use the middle finger but with my right hand as I had RSI and it was less painful to use the middle one.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm a leftie but I don't have any difficulty with anything. Take my mouse button for instance - I just click it with my middle finger instead of my index. It's second nature.
Although I write with my left hand, I use the mouse with my right. I must be ambidextrous

I think I'll call this National Ambidextrous Day
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 02:29 PM

My Clan were originally supposed to be left handed. Their ancestoral homes were built to be more easily defended by left handed people.

Recently, it has been suggested that they were not really left handed, but learned to fight left-handed to give them an advantage over right handed opponents. They were well known as 'Border Reivers' who enjoyed the odd raid to steal cattle and sheep.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 07:19 PM

I could alway hear better with my left Ear, does that mean I'm left Eared.?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I could alway hear better with my left Ear, does that mean I'm left Eared.?
Yes Jem and you now have to create a National Left Ear Day .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 07:55 PM

I am proud to be left handed. But today is George Harrison Day according to my quiz site. He would have been 72 years old today if he hadn't died at 59 of lung cancer.
Told my story before of being a leftie or in Yorkshire called cack handed.
My needlework teacher wouldn't teach me how to sew as she was right handed and didn't see why she should turn the material upside down to teach me what to do. As mentioned how is it my fault I was born left handed I was only 11 at that time.
Grumble my family were also Border Rievers aka Routledge who used to
run with the Armstrongs, Elliots, Grahams in the area of Liddesdale. We are also infamous of killing Sir Walter Scott of Harden and burnt his home down. Wasn't me honest.
Left handed again, my older Brother was a leftie too and he was hit on the
knuckles for writing with his left hand and since then and he is now 74 bites his finger nails, and luckily stopped stuttering when he was a teenage.
That's ignorance for you Teachers. Gestapo teachers at our school.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top