Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 08:14 PM

Re: national left hander's day

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I am proud to be left handed. But today is George Harrison Day according to my quiz site. He would have been 72 years old today if he hadn't died at 59 of lung cancer.
Told my story before of being a leftie or in Yorkshire called cack handed.
My needlework teacher wouldn't teach me how to sew as she was right handed and didn't see why she should turn the material upside down to teach me what to do. As mentioned how is it my fault I was born left handed I was only 11 at that time.
Grumble my family were also Border Rievers aka Routledge who used to
run with the Armstrongs, Elliots, Grahams in the area of Liddesdale. We are also infamous of killing Sir Walter Scott of Harden and burnt his home down. Wasn't me honest.
Left handed again, my older Brother was a leftie too and he was hit on the
knuckles for writing with his left hand and since then and he is now 74 bites his finger nails, and luckily stopped stuttering when he was a teenage.
That's ignorance for you Teachers. Gestapo teachers at our school.
Bowie, I'm proud to be a Lettie too!

I'm glad I made an arse of this thread because it's now worked out despite being proved wrong
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 08:33 PM

Don't see any difference left or right handed , cant see what the big deal is ,
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Out of interest Carol did you have anyone try to get you to write with your right hand when you were little?
I don't get the mouse and middle finger tho, if you use your left hand for the mouse why can't you use the index finger, I also use the middle finger but with my right hand as I had RSI and it was less painful to use the middle one.
No I was never forced to write with my right hand. A good job too as I'm hopeless with it.

My mouse - My index finger rests on the right click and my middle finger rests on the left click. It's the other way around with a right handed person.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 08:20 AM

Of course Carol, that makes perfect sense, mirror image. Thanks
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No I was never forced to write with my right hand. A good job too as I'm hopeless with it.

My mouse - My index finger rests on the right click and my middle finger rests on the left click. It's the other way around with a right handed person.
No need for that - go into the mouse properties in the Control Panel and you can swap the mouse buttons over for a left handed person (tick the box labelled 'Switch the primary and secondary buttons"). Then the index finger or right mouse button does things and the left mouse button brings up menus ie same fingers as for a right handed person. Why suffer?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 08:58 AM

Thanks Bruce - I'm used to the way I do it now. It doesn't cause any suffering - honest!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 09:05 AM

What amazes me are the amount of people who notice you are left handed!
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 09:32 AM

My hairdresser is left handed,she has to have left handed scissors to cut hair.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 11:14 AM

Another leftie here.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I am proud to be left handed. But today is George Harrison Day according to my quiz site. He would have been 72 years old today if he hadn't died at 59 of lung cancer.
Told my story before of being a leftie or in Yorkshire called cack handed.
My needlework teacher wouldn't teach me how to sew as she was right handed and didn't see why she should turn the material upside down to teach me what to do. As mentioned how is it my fault I was born left handed I was only 11 at that time.
Grumble my family were also Border Rievers aka Routledge who used to
run with the Armstrongs, Elliots, Grahams in the area of Liddesdale. We are also infamous of killing Sir Walter Scott of Harden and burnt his home down. Wasn't me honest.
Left handed again, my older Brother was a leftie too and he was hit on the
knuckles for writing with his left hand and since then and he is now 74 bites his finger nails, and luckily stopped stuttering when he was a teenage.
That's ignorance for you Teachers. Gestapo teachers at our school.
Gestapo teachers at lots of schools, I remember children being forced to write wit their right hand and hit if caught changing over. How ignorant and cruel people were and thank goodness at least we know better now.
I used to get whacked on the knuckles with the side of a ruler, it was agonising and I was only about 5/6 years old, that was because I couldn't do 'sums'.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top