Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 05:24 PM

What would you have done?

An hour ago i took my dog out for a walk and on the way back down home, i saw a neighbour walking up the road, and nearer to me another neighbour on his drive getting his golf clubs out of his car. As i got close to him the other neighbour was there, and she said to me, i feel poorly can i wait in your house till Bryan get's home? Well Bryan lives next door but one to her. I said what time does your husband get home from work? She said 5pm ( it was only 3.15pm ) She said it again can i come to your house, i said no i don't really know you, i don't let people in. So she just said oh alright i'll go to my friends house and walked down to my next door neighbours.
I turned to the man with the Golf Clubs and said is she an Alcoholic? and he said yes her husband threw her out the other night. I thought to myself and remembered they were arguing in the local pub one night. She looked terrible...

The question is would you have let her in?
And what is your view on this subject.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 05:39 PM

Re: What would you have done?

I would and that's why my husband has been known to come home and find a strange homeless person in the bath a couple of times. His dinner disappears into other people sometimes too. Luckily he just goes ahead and tries to help them find a bed for the night locally and helps them on their way.

Not saying either is right we can only do what feels right at the time and I am a big believer in following your feelings in things like that if I was at all worried about my safety with anyone I would say no.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would and that's why my husband has been known to come home and find a strange homeless person in the bath a couple of times. His dinner disappears into other people sometimes too. Luckily he just goes ahead and tries to help them find a bed for the night locally and helps them on their way.

Not saying either is right we can only do what feels right at the time and I am a big believer in following your feelings in things like that if I was at all worried about my safety with anyone I would say no.
That's good, and what you believe is right. But this time i say no, there's a few alcoholics that walk about the streets near were i live and this is not good.
I am a decent person and yes i felt for her, but the complications can follow on from this and i don't want that!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 05:52 PM

Absolutely you did what you felt right and that is perfect. No one should do what they don't feel happy doing.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

25-02-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Absolutely you did what you felt right and that is perfect. No one should do what they don't feel happy doing.

I just want a quiet life, and not implicating into someone elses affairs.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
That's good, and what you believe is right. But this time i say no, there's a few alcoholics that walk about the streets near were i live and this is not good.
I am a decent person and yes i felt for her, but the complications can follow on from this and i don't want that!
Have to agree with you Suzi - she was best going to someone she knows and they know her ........ Too many people out to trick you today - we are all more wary than we used to be ......
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

25-02-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Have to agree with you Suzi - she was best going to someone she knows and they know her ........ Too many people out to trick you today - we are all more wary than we used to be ......
Quite right Patsy!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 06:18 PM

If the person looked really ill I probably would , but if she was drunk or drugged then the answer would be no , You just dont know how the situation can turn out ..You do have to put your safety first. I think you did the right thing in this instance Sue
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

25-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
If the person looked really ill I probably would , but if she was drunk or drugged then the answer would be no , You just dont know how the situation can turn out ..You do have to put your safety first. I think you did the right thing in this instance Sue

Thanks Eliza
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Sue, you were put in an awkward predicament, especially when she then said she'd go to her friend's. I wonder why she didn't just go there in the first place. No, you shouldn't have total strangers in your house, but neither should she be asking to go into stranger's houses. Sounds like she's in a pretty desperate situation and in a bad way and needs more help than you could offer her. You did the right thing. Plus, she might then never be away from your door............

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top