Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:09 PM

Re: What would you have done?

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Exactly. Your reasons are your own and you owe no one any explanations.

My thing is I just don't trust people anymore. I don't even open my door to people unless I know who it is or I'm expecting a delivery, etc. Two neighborhoods over a woman was raped because she let in a man that she THOUGHT was from the utilities company, he was posing and told her he was taking surveys in the neighborhood.

Yeah, nope.
I think also some people can be manipulative if you let them in. You'd never get rid of them.

However, if I saw someone in trouble in the street then I wouldn't hesitate to offer help.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's an odd thing to say no one disagreed or asked suzi why she did anything, suzi was asking us for our reasons was way I read it... and still no one disagreed with her
I know that. But sometimes when we do these things, we may feel a little guilt for NOT doing it and I was simply saying, in so many words, that there's no reason anyone should feel guilty about it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:37 PM

I don't think there is anything to feel guilty about we can all only do what we feel safe doing. I would never take anyone in if I was alone, when ever I did it the boys were home so I felt safe and the people came in were people I had spoken to many times where they slept. I therefore felt safe to let them have a bath a hot meal and then we would go about finding them shelter for the night. From there it was jobs and homes and hopefully they would make there own way.
I have always felt lucky to have what we do and looked for ways to pay back I don't think everyone is that lucky or in a position to do so.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think there is anything to feel guilty about we can all only do what we feel safe doing. I would never take anyone in if I was alone, when ever I did it the boys were home so I felt safe and the people came in were people I had spoken to many times where they slept. I therefore felt safe to let them have a bath a hot meal and then we would go about finding them shelter for the night. From there it was jobs and homes and hopefully they would make there own way.
I have always felt lucky to have what we do and looked for ways to pay back I don't think everyone is that lucky or in a position to do so.
I completely agree with you. It's just that sometimes when we turn people away in whatever situation, they assume we're not being fair or that we owe them an explanation. And we don't.

That's all I meant by what I said

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top