Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 12:51 AM

Would you have said anything?

This evening, I was coming out of Asda and heading for the escalator to get back to the car park, when I saw a family of 4 accompanied by a young, half grown dog, also heading for the escalator.
I thought surely they aren't going to put that dog on the escalator, perhaps they will carry it. As they were about to step on, the dog dropped to it's belly and was obviously terrified of the moving staircase. The woman holding the dog yanked it clean off the floor by its collar and lead, and dropped it down hard onto the escalator. I didn't even think dogs were allowed on these things.
The dog layed on its belly, shaking and trying to bury its head between its paws as it got carried off down the 'stairs', I felt so very angry. When it was two thirds of the way down, one of her sons finally picked the dog up and then dumped it down hard when they all got off.
I strongly suspect this dog had to endure this trip before today as well, hence his fear as soon as he saw the escalator.

The worst of it was, I was too cowardly to say anything to them because they didn't look the sort to argue with, and there was 4 of them too.
Would you have said anything, or kept your nose out?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 01:00 AM

Re: Would you have said anything?

I would have said something, that's the type of person i am. I Probably would have said that's cruel and waited for a reaction. And then say it's only a pup you should be treating it better than that!.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 01:04 AM

It also made me wonder what sort of life it had at home. .

Bl***y people. I've not had a very nice day, what with that, and the incident in Bedford too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 01:07 AM

It would have upset me to see it but in the circumstances I wouldn't have said anything - it was four people against one!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 07:49 AM

I agree Carol - absolutely no point in saying anything they obviously don't know the meaning of family or compassion - you would have just got a mouthful Mups - poor doggy
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:13 AM

Yes would of said something , not a violent but when it comes to somebody being cruel to a animal , or bullies , I don't care if theres one or twenty involved , I step in ,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:30 AM

Saying something is usually pointless, it usually just unites the group in a slanging match, I find it best to make eye contact with one of the group, fix a pathetic smirk, and shake the head slowly from side to side, the silent message sometimes hits home.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:36 AM

Yes spitty, the sort of thing I'd do. I remember many years ago hearing a dog howling in agony as its paw had got caught at the end of the escalator. There were people with it so I had no need to intervene but the sound haunts you for life.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:44 AM

Terrible event to watch and in a way should you or shouldn't you say something kind of event. Probably it has happened before so maybe
a chat with whoever owns the escalator. Does it belong to Asda or
the carpark?? So if they come again someone in authority might be
there to see it. The trouble is if they can treat the dog like that now
what will happen to it in their retribution if anything is said. Dilemma.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 09:05 AM

I know I'd have had to have said "aww, the poor wee dog".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top