Join for free
Page 455 of 487 « First < 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 05:32 PM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

My amazing DIL and the eldest grandson turned up at teatime yesterday with a couple of bucketfuls of grit that they'd picked up and treated my drive in and the worst of the lane. We haven't had any more snow overnight so I braved the drive down to the surgery for some anti-biotics for Rob. Was not best pleased that they hadn't got it ready for me so had to stand and wait in the cold. (He has an infection on the site of the stoma so let's hope that will be cleared up now).

Youngest grandson is now playing minecraft on line with his butty, but I think he worked quite hard this morning, so that's OK.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 09:00 AM

The snow has nearly all gone,just a bit clinging to the hedgerows.Nice to be able to walk normally.
Two village stalwarts died last week.One gentleman died after a stroke the other had dementia but died after contracting Covid. It's difficult to comprehend the latest figures of people who have died from this horrible virus.
Keep safe.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:15 PM

Thick sea mist here ,cant see a thing .
Daughters chimney was due to come down yesterday as its leaking badly but weather too bad

Another lazy day for me ,Keep safe xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 01:32 PM

My new boiler - and new control unit don't seem to be talking to each other. Carefully programmed to come on twice a day still doesn't seem to be able to turn itself off when appropriate! Engineer will have to come back, but can't get here til Saturday.

Waiting all morning for a call from the dietician (booked by letter a couple of weeks ago). Nothing. Not impressed.

Made a lemon drizzle cake though
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 09:05 AM

My little great granddaughter is back in the Heath hospital.She took a turn for the worse yesterday and had an operation in the middle of the night,they replaced her shunt.No wonder I couldn't sleep last night I was with my two girls.Hope she'll bounce back like the brave little girl she is.
No plans today,might catch up on some sleep this afternoon.
Stay safe.
Sweetsue
midWales

28-01-2021, 11:06 AM

Oh goodness, what a worry for you Rhosyn. At least she's in the right place and good that they've replaced the shunt.

Rob is having his vaccination today. District Nurses rang yesterday morning and said they'd be with us today between 10 and 2 pm. At lunchtime the Surgery rang offering him a vaccination there. Left hands and right hands come to mind.

Still having boiler trouble. Well not the boiler, that's going like a bomb, but although the control unit has been replaced they don't seem to be talking to each other, the heating doesn't switch off when it's supposed to. Yet another expensive visit from the engineer on Saturday probably - with an electrician!
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 02:46 PM

A damp and dismal day
Hope your granddaughter is improving Rhosyn , its such a worry for you .
I can hardly get up off the settee today but made myself run the hoover around
keep safe xxx
Sweetsue
midWales

29-01-2021, 12:25 PM

So pleased to see some of my snowdrops popping up under the hedge across the road. Was beginning to think they'd given up the ghost.....

Carers grumbling this morning about being too hot, so one managed to turn the boiler off - although it still says on the control panel that it's on. Tearing my hair out here!!!

Awaiting delivery of Rob's food for the month. Glad the youngest grandson is here to help cart all the boxes through to Rob's room - nearly killed me last time. We are all a bit concerned that he seems to be putting on weight but have to bow to the dietician who decides how many calories and how it is made up from different liquids. Watch this space.
Rant over!
rhosyn
South Wales

29-01-2021, 01:04 PM

My little brave great grand daughter is going home today.They replaced the whole shunt and they've put a new kind of valve so it'll be easier to maintain.
Highlight of my week-shopping in Tesco also went to Home Bargains for cleaning stuff-much cheaper there.
Heavy drizzle this morning-forecast more snow for weekend,hope they're wrong.
Stay safe.
rhosyn
South Wales

30-01-2021, 09:31 AM

Raining this morning but didn't get too wet on the walk.
Had the letter this morning appointment for first Covid jab next Wednesday 10.15 at Bay Field Hospital.
Keep safe.

Page 455 of 487 « First < 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top