Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

02-11-2014, 02:38 PM

Re: your car

A Honda Jazz is my car of choice these days, I have no need of a large car now. I have had about eight of them so far, and will continue to buy them for the foreseeable future.
macy10
New Member!
UK
macy10 is female 

02-11-2014, 11:33 PM

Suzuki Alto [wee Daisy] Free road tax
Would have a coach size motorhome if I could as I am a retired bus driver
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=BoyRacer;553832]My car is a Ford Focus ST3. I bought new in 2007 and has just 27000 on the clock.

It's effortlessly fast, a fantastic long distance cruiser, superb steering feel through the wheel, weight transfer in the corners is excellent and can take A and B roads at insane speeds. It has full leather, heated seats and screen, climate, 6 CD player etc. Only downsides are that it only does 27mpg and cost £285 a year in road tax

It is my baby; probably the most important thing in my life. I can't fit it in the garage of my new house, so I'll probably have to move again.

I think you get the picture and so here it is.....QUOTE)

The wife is a bit obsessive about her car, she has a Saab Turbo Convertible, it is a 2007 and has only 36000 on the clock. When Saab went bust, luckily the supplying dealer set up as a Saab Service Agent so we were able to keep the continuity of Service History going, she usually only uses it on a Saturday for shopping with the MIL, then on Sunday she washes and polishes it.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 04:33 PM

'Fraid I'm one of those people that cant manage with just one car. A lot of that has to do with the way I live.

In a typical year, I will make a minimum of 6 continental trips. For those, I use a Hemi engined Dodge SUV. Its fast, especially so now the speed limiter has been removed. Its the most quiet car I have ever owned. Comfort is outstanding, and carries a huge load.

Weekdays will find me in a B Series Mazda. The insurgents favourite vehicle, as seen on BBC News, usually with an RPG launcher on the back! Maybe I'll fit one of those to it, I'm lead to understand that makes it a congestion charge free vehicle... That leads a hard life, as normally its got something or other on the back to do with one of my various house, garden or car projects. I'm currently restoring a musclecar.

Other times - mostly weekends - will see me driving about in a Honda CR-V. Thats going soon, because I find its steering on motorways is horrid.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The wife is a bit obsessive about her car, she has a Saab Turbo Convertible, it is a 2007 and has only 36000 on the clock.
Classic
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=Fender Bender;554627]'Fraid I'm one of those people that cant manage with just one car. A lot of that has to do with the way I live.

In a typical year, I will make a minimum of 6 continental trips. For those, I use a Hemi engined Dodge SUV. Its fast, especially so now the speed limiter has been removed. Its the most quiet car I have ever owned. Comfort is outstanding, and carries a huge load.

Weekdays will find me in a B Series Mazda. The insurgents favourite vehicle, as seen on BBC News, usually with an RPG launcher on the back! Maybe I'll fit one of those to it, I'm lead to understand that makes it a congestion charge free vehicle... That leads a hard life, as normally its got something or other on the back to do with one of my various house, garden or car projects. I'm currently restoring a musclecar.

Other times - mostly weekends - will see me driving about in a Honda CR-V. Thats going soon, because I find its steering on motorways is horrid.[/QUOTE]

Wonder why that is ours is very good on all roads.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Wonder why that is ours is very good on all roads.
Haven't a clue, its been like that since new. Only has 15k on it now. Even the Honda dealer couldn't find anything wrong - nor could I!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:28 PM

Perhaps you need an old one like ours, the newer ones don't seem as sturdy to us.
Fender Bender
By the pc

04-11-2014, 10:26 AM

You might be right there. On the other hand, I'm getting more and more certain as time goes by that the same is true of the majority of newer cars.

I would expect that a lot would disagree, but it seems to me that quality is taking a downward turn at present, much like it did with cars in the late 60's/early 70's. Then, in later years, it rose again. And so the cycle seems to be repeating.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-11-2014, 10:33 AM

Think you could be right there, when we replace ours we will be looking at another oldie, they do seem to be made better.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top