Join for free
Page 167 of 190 « First < 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 10:58 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Oh dear Bob, it certainly is a bad start to the year for you.

I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs Fox being rushed into hospital, I hope it won't be anything too serious and she will be home again with you soon My very best wishes to her.

I hope you get your bank cards sorted out soon.

If I lived nearer to you, I would come and wash your dishes ..... and I'd even wash your underwear for you

Keep your chin up, things will sort themselves out soon.
Please keep us informed how your wife is. A big to you. x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:10 PM

Sorry to hear about Mrs Fox - please let us know how she is, Foxy. Don't you dare save up your dirty undies for her to do when she comes home!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 12:18 PM

Thanks Mags and Tabby, after a CT scan they have found a bowel blockage caused by an area of bowel disease. She will have to have an operation to have a small section removed otherwise it will just continue to get worse. I'm going to visit her after this post. Priorities and all....

So a bank who I have banked with for over fifty years which contain a large part of the Foxes estate refused my application for a credit card, but Tesco, who I have shopped with for just a few years said they'll have me, and a card is in the post...
I shall write a strongly worded letter to the bank in question and possibly take my business elsewhere.

So just before I go to visit Mrs Fox I shall start the washer on a darks wash.......Sixty something isn't it?......
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's not been a good start to 2020 for me. While on the cruise in Blankenberge a machine confiscated my debit card while trying to buy train tickets to Bruges.
Then I had to stop running due to my toe swelling up with gout....
I was declined an application for a credit card.....
And yesterday I had to rush Mrs Fox into hospital with severe stomach pains and it looks like she is going to need an operation....
The sink is full of pots and I've no clean underwear......
It never rains but it pours.

Well at least you can get a job lot of briefs from M&S for £2 a pair.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:25 PM

So What's Bob been doing for the last couple of months....?
After a couple more bouts of inflamed big toe joint and even a swollen ankle I decided to visit the charming Doctor Roberts who instigated a blood test.

In view of the recent Covid19 I decided not to add to the NHS workload, and anyway, it's so hard get through to the surgery these days, so I didn't find out the results....So I was surprised to receive a call from the Doctor on Friday afternoon....

He explained that my reading of 480 umol/L was rather high, and they would recommend a reading of 300 umol/L or below. So I've been prescribed Allopurinol and Colchicine.

Fortunately, I've only missed a couple of runs, and now the swelling has subsided, after a few clumsy starts I've been putting in some decent runs.
And this morning was no exception as I jogged through a deserted village. Perhaps it was due to the social distancing or people had forgot to put their clocks forward.

On my eight mile route along deserted country roads and being buffeted by a scathing North Easterly breeze, I felt quite comfortable and managed a respectable time. Although the sun made occasional appearances I was aware of some flurries of sleet in the distance that never managed to reach me until I arrived home.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:53 PM

It tires me out reading your thread Bob...do you run everywhere

Now you have the diagnosis.... remember to take the medication .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 03:04 PM

Hope the tablets clear up the gout, Bob.

Happy running while you can!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-03-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It tires me out reading your thread Bob...do you run everywhere

Now you have the diagnosis.... remember to take the medication .
I'll keep it going as long as I can Summer, after all these years I still get a thrill out of it, and there's still plenty of drive and enthusiasm in me yet....

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hope the tablets clear up the gout, Bob.

Happy running while you can!
Thanks Mags, I'm not much of a tablet taker and although I was prescribed two 100 mg tablets each day, I only take one, see how I get on.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-03-2020, 11:45 AM

It's strange really, the medication meant to prevent the gout actually brings on an attack when you first start taking it, and that's why the doctor prescribed Allopurinol and Colchicine which is a powerful anti inflammatory. Needless to say I wasn't in any pain so I've not been taking the Colchicine, I decided to take it as and when, only when the pain got too much to bear.

Well after taking the Allopurinol since Saturday the pain started in my big toe joint last night. Rather unfortunate really as I go for a run first thing on a Tuesday morning, and after waking up in the night and taking an Ibuprofen, I wasn't looking forward to this mornings outing....

I could only just bear to stand on it when I climbed out of bed, but put on the running kit anyway and set off up the street in earnest. It felt a bit awkward for the first mile and then it seemed to ease off so I managed a lonely run down deserted streets and back down the long empty lane...It just goes to show what a little bit of determination can do for you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

31-03-2020, 12:04 PM

How long are you supposed to take the tablets for Bob?

Also, is it wise to continue running while you are still in pain from the gout?

Please don’t think I’m nagging but I would hate to think you were putting yourself at some risk.

I sound like Mother Mags now!

Page 167 of 190 « First < 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top