Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 04:37 PM

Re: Big Little Lies

I read the book several years ago and really enjoyed it.

So when the tv series first came out I ignored it, especially as they'd altered it right from the start by setting it in California instead of Australia.

But the reviews were so so good, I tried to find a way to watch it, no luck (we've got some Sky channels but not Atlantic)...so eBay was my friend and I bought the box set of series1.

Watched the entire thing in a few days it was so compelling!!!
Fantastic! Now I'm looking forward to getting hold of series2 when it's finished!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I read the book several years ago and really enjoyed it.

So when the tv series first came out I ignored it, especially as they'd altered it right from the start by setting it in California instead of Australia.

But the reviews were so so good, I tried to find a way to watch it, no luck (we've got some Sky channels but not Atlantic)...so eBay was my friend and I bought the box set of series1.

Watched the entire thing in a few days it was so compelling!!!
Fantastic! Now I'm looking forward to getting hold of series2 when it's finished!
Literally finished watching season 2 on catch up tonight!!!!

Without doubt one of the most fantastic TV series of the past few years with a glittering cast list of actors , brilliant, compelling performances and a tense , thrilling finale.

Nicole Kidman , Reece Witherspoon and Meryl Streep were exceptional in this............

The thought of this ending kills me!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 08:41 AM

I'm torn between leaving it at season two,( brilliant ending by the way), and looking forward to one more series. Apparently the problem is getting all these top stars together again, due to their busy other commitments. I agree with Moscow, smashing series, well acted, lovely scenery, and superb music. A shining jewel in amongst loads of other mediocre, and second rate tosh!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
I'm getting rather confused about the actor, ( Adam Scott), who plays Reese Witherspoon's husband in the show. Is it Tom Cruise moonlighting!? Cruise, apparently believes in Shapeshifting, with his Sciencetology beliefs. The scary part is that his ex-wife Nicole Kidman is in the show!

John, l owe you an apology...

I disagreed with you, that Adam Scott who plays Reece Witherspoon’s husband looked like Tom Cruise.

The other night, l watched Tom Cruise in the film Jack Reacher and noticed then, there was a similarity. They do look alike.
Maybe, l was remembering what Tom Cruise looked like in Top Gun when he was much younger?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 04:00 PM

No problem Art, he's not exactly the twin of Tom Cruise. Oh by the way, you owe me for these extra thick lensed glasses, I got from Specsavers, following your original suggestion. Cash or Cheque will be fine!!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
No problem Art, he's not exactly the twin of Tom Cruise. Oh by the way, you owe me for these extra thick lensed glasses, I got from Specsavers, following your original suggestion. Cash or Cheque will be fine!!

John, Of course! Just send me your bank details and l will make sure you are reimbursed...... Oh and don’t forget to include your PIN number as l will need that too!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top