Join for free
Page 46 of 56 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:30 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Realist ->
And the more current research and thinking suggests that the flu virus itself wasn't the main killer in that pandemic.

"Much of the high death rate can be attributed to crowding in military camps and urban environments, as well as poor nutrition and sanitation, which suffered during wartime. It’s now thought that many of the deaths were due to the development of bacterial pneumonias in lungs weakened by influenza"

"Scientists now believe that the marked increase in deaths in the second wave was caused by conditions that favored the spread of a deadlier strain. People with mild cases stayed home, but those with severe cases were often crowded together in hospitals and camps, increasing transmission of a more lethal form of the virus."

"In fact, the vast majority of the people who contracted the 1918 flu survived. National death rates among the infected generally did not exceed 20 percent. "

"One hypothesis suggests that many flu deaths could actually be attributed to aspirin poisoning. Medical authorities at the time recommended large doses of aspirin of up to 30 grams per day. Today, about four grams would be considered the maximum safe daily dose. Large doses of aspirin can lead to many of the pandemic’s symptoms, including bleeding. "

http://theconversation.com/the-great...ts-wrong-89841
Yes but the link I gave before your post tends to refute that.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Yes but the link I gave before your post tends to refute that.
Your link is largely the typical "Campaign Of Fear" material imo Galty.

The truth is that deaths caused specifically by Influenza have been going up year on year. We covered that in great detail in other threads. Millions of people are being vaccinated globally every year but the number of deaths attributed specifically to influenza have been going up.

That's a pretty damning indictment of the poor efficacy of the vaccine.

Given the initial study that has shown that vaccinated people spread Flu 6 times more than un-vaccinated people, we should surely be stopping the vaccination campaigns. Then we would likely see the number of deaths attributable to Flu dropping.

We might also see the number of deaths attributed to ILIs and Pneumonias also drop because people won't then have had their immune systems stretched/compromised by the flu shots and will consequently be better able to fend off ILIs and Pneumonias.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:47 PM

30grams of aspirin a day???? Holy Shit!!!

When I was a student I knew a young man who was a medical student.
In those days, don't know about now, they could volunteer to be guinea pigs in medical research.
This chap swallowed a few aspirin on an empty stomach, I can't remember how much, just a couple maybe, and then a little while later the contents of his stomach were analysed.
Guess what? Blood. Confirming that aspirin causes stomach lining bleeding.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:57 PM

The truth is that deaths caused specifically by Influenza have been going up year on year.
No they haven't. They have gone right down compared to previous centuries.

Pulling out figures for the last few years is not relevant to the bigger picture.

People die due to underlying conditions but they would not die if they didn't contract flu. Hence the pneumonia caused by Spanish flu would not have been contracted by so many millions around the world were it not for the flu virus.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:06 PM

From what I have seen of flu if you have the jab you can still catch other flu strains but it appears a milder illness, that may be why people have the jab spread it more as we are not so ill so we are still able to get out and about. The answer to that IMO is everyone be vaccinated and then no one needs to have the severe form of flu. In the NHS they are expected to have it so they can carry on working through the winter.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:42 PM

Your link is largely the typical "Campaign Of Fear" material imo Galty.

The truth is that deaths caused specifically by Influenza have been going up year on year. We covered that in great detail in other threads. Millions of people are being vaccinated globally every year but the number of deaths attributed specifically to influenza have been going up.

That's a pretty damning indictment of the poor efficacy of the vaccine.

Given the initial study that has shown that vaccinated people spread Flu 6 times more than un-vaccinated people, we should surely be stopping the vaccination campaigns. Then we would likely see the number of deaths attributable to Flu dropping.

We might also see the number of deaths attributed to ILIs and Pneumonias also drop because people won't then have had their immune systems stretched/compromised by the flu shots and will consequently be better able to fend off ILIs and Pneumonias.
No 1918 no flu jab.

Yes 1918 over 600k Americans died because a strain of flu.

Nothing to do with the war in Europe..Nothing to do with the effects of the war in Europe.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:45 PM

My gp surgery was so busy at the flu jab clinics that I decided to pay £10 for my pharmacist to do it. So quick and easy. No queue.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by melfort ->
My gp surgery was so busy at the flu jab clinics that I decided to pay £10 for my pharmacist to do it. So quick and easy. No queue.
Pharmacists here do it free if you are eligible for one from your GP. Anyone not eligible pays I think £17.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No they haven't. They have gone right down compared to previous centuries.

Pulling out figures for the last few years is not relevant to the bigger picture.
I really don't agree.

As I've highlighted a few times now, the mortality rate for Flu dropped massively before any flu vaccine was rolled out to the public (started in 1946). Here's the graph again:

The mortality rate pretty much flat lined since.

There have been fluctuations in the death rates in the past 8 or 9 years but as you've seen from the ONS data the death rates have risen and that's with a significant vaccine take up rate.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Realist you earlier said that flu deaths have gone up, now you are saying they have "flat lined". Make your mind up!

Page 46 of 56 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top