Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:00 PM

Re: Friendship on forums

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
My personal point of view is that the friends thing on here serves little purpose,
Does it do any harm?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Does it do any harm?
Depends how sensitive you are. Some people like to parade their friends list around like a badge of honour. It can also promote a gang mentality.

I decided to opt out of it, my only 2 friends on here are people I know away from this forum.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
So, how much does it bother you DWebb?
I a lot I suspect
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I a lot I suspect
“I a lot” ??
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Depends how sensitive you are. Some people like to parade their friends list around like a badge of honour. It can also promote a gang mentality.

I decided to opt out of it, my only 2 friends on here are people I know away from this forum.
Fertile imaginations can imagine anything.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Fertile imaginations can imagine anything.
Let me explain how it works.

There are people on this forum that I don't like and would not accept a friend request from.

If I start picking and choosing who I want to be friends with the people who are refused will look at my friends list and think..... bitch, she's accepted x but refused me. And that's where the trouble starts.

It's far easier just to not be part of it.

It may be different for those of you who are more invested than me, but my view is a forum is for leisure and pleasure, not for building gangs and taking sides as I've seen happen in the past in other places.

Life's too short for that sh*t. It's just easier not to get involved in forum politics.

Disclaimer: In actual fact I've never had a friend request from anyone I don't like!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
“I a lot” ??
Yes, was it a problem?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:13 PM

No it wouldn't bother me anyway if I did. It's only a website with virtual people. If I asked someone in real life to be my friend and then regretted it, that would be different.
Best not to get too attached to this 'way of life' tbh, Bluey. It's only the internet
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

18-11-2018, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Let me explain how it works.

There are people on this forum that I don't like and would not accept a friend request from.

If I start picking and choosing who I want to be friends with the people who are refused will look at my friends list and think..... bitch, she's accepted x but refused me. And that's where the trouble starts.

It's far easier just to not be part of it.

It may be different for those of you who are more invested than me, but my view is a forum is for leisure and pleasure, not for building gangs and taking sides as I've seen happen in the past in other places.

Life's too short for that sh*t. It's just easier not to get involved in forum politics.

Disclaimer: In actual fact I've never had a friend request from anyone I don't like!
It's a forum. Casual. chat. Don't sweat it.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:02 PM

I have, in the past, felt a rush of fellow feeling & rather warmed to selected members., after a particu8larly agreeable exchange of messages.

However, time passed and & we no longer exchanged messages. I then deleted them.
I soon regretted this action as I discovered they were very hurt. I have not been in contact with either since that time

This I regret, Sorry ladies.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top