Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:23 PM

It has been a sad day today!

My sister has been here since before Christmas, but should have been going home today....... till I had a phone call from her best friend this morning.
My sis was in the bathroom getting washed so I answered the phone, to discover that her friend was distraught.
She told me that she & her husband had been out for the evening, last night. She had cancer many years ago & still has regular check ups, but she is strong and gets on with her life.
When she got home last night she was tired and went to bed, but her husband stayed up a bit longer.
I asked her why she was so upset & questioned if her son was ok ( he works at a care home).
She said "no, it is my husband"!
Apparently her son got up for work this morning and went downstairs...... only to find his father ( her husband) dead!

They have no other close family & as she was so upset I took my sister to her house...... no matter what the Covid rules may say!

I didn't go in, but there was an ambulance at the door & they will probably do a post mortem , to find the cause of his death.

How sad that a lovely evening out should end like this! We have known the lady since she was at school & she is now in her 50's.
I hope we can offer her some comfort & any help she needs!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:30 PM

Re: It has been a sad day today!

Very sad news, Twink. Sending hugs to you all.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:45 PM

Oh Twink, that is awful news I am so sorry. x
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:04 PM

Terrible news and what a shock it must have been x
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:32 PM

Oh what a shock for son to find his father dead and him to have to tell his mother!
I wonder if he felt poorly but didn’t want to worry his wife ?
A similar thing happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago ,chatting on the internet at night ,found dead in the morning l
Sudden death is always a shock .
Maythis mother and son find comfort from each other .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:36 PM

I am so sorry. You just never know do you?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:46 PM

Oh dear, what a shock that must have been for the family, I feel so sorry for them
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Thanks for all of your replies.
Her son is trying to be strong for his mum, but his mum is thinking it is her fault because she went to bed, whilst he took the glasses to the kitchen.
We have told her that it isn't her fault, but until she knows the cause of death it will be hard to convince her. We hope that may be on Wednesday!
I am sure we all go through the same emotions, like guilt, looking for who is to blame & trying to find a way that would have stopped the person dying.... but we have to let her come to terms with losing her husband in her own time..... and so far she has only had a few hours!
As it is just a small family, my sister and I have offered help & support when she needs it , but even we are finding it hard to accept at this stage!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:12 PM

It's so heart-wrenching to see a family in so much pain from a loss like this.

It sounds like the man's wife is fortunate to be surrounded by people who care about her.

May her family find peace.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:18 PM

That must have been a really horrible shock for the poor wife Twink.
I hope she has family around her to help.
I can't imagine how awful it feels to find someone dead like that.

Strangely enough, this is the second one I've heard of in two days.
My friend's husband took his old Mum her supper round on Friday night, and found her dead in her room. He was very close to his Mum and is very distraught.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top