Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 08:43 PM

Re: Is it a conspiracy?

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I wonder what the situation is with letters coming through the letterbox and touched by someone who may be a carrier of coronavirus? I picked up my INR blood test result card and a bank statement with a tissue this morning, but bloomin difficult to rip open the serrated edges on the blood test card to read it!! Also had the wonderful news contained in it that I have to go back to that medical centre on Thursday for yet another blood test when the bruising hasn't even disappeared from the last one! HO HUM!

Have ordered my shopping with Tesco for the next three weeks as delivery slots being taken up very quickly and advised by Tesco to book early in advance to ensure a delivery slot. I've changed delivery instructions for the driver to please knock on the door and leave shopping on doorstep (Phoned Tesco in advance and they told me that the driver will put the shopping into bags for us even though they operate a no plastic bag policy) we also won't have to sign for the shopping. The driver will instead ask if all okay and that is that. Any problems and we can still phone for a refund though

Kudos to Tesco for helping those of us who wish to self-isolate and not risk others coming into our home, the same goes for the safety of the drivers also.

Not sure what to do with meat and fresh veg though, so used to going to the butcher and the market for both but don't like the idea of others handling it as well. All I have done is stock up with tinned fruit and veg (apart from bananas) HWMO will have to make do with Frozen Fish courtesy of Birds Eye Gastro. It's all so surreal!

I just went on Ocado and there was a message on there too

"In light of the current Coronavirus situation, we are unable to bring your shopping into your home at the moment. We also ask you not to hand your used bags back to your driver"

Looks like they're all going to be doing it now. Gonna have to see if I can find something they can put it in that I can then drag into the house.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 08:51 PM

For what it is worth, the advice of an old plumber.

The way to beat this thing is to limit your personal exposure. If you don't get it, you won't pass it along.

Follow the safety guidelines issued by the WHO or the CDC. If the people on the internet were doctors they wouldn't be wasting their valuable time on the internet.

The tiny virus is bigger than our national governments and our learned scientists. They probably will develop an effective treatment in a year or two but science can only be rushed so far. You can choose to stay out of its way it as long as possible but the virus is going to have to run its course; you just want it to run its course outside your body.

There are no magic cures, (regardless of what Jim Baker says) there are no health supplements that will help, no virus filters, but there are crooks out there ready to sell you things that will do nothing or actually harm your health and your bank account.

Remember that anything Donald Trump says is liable to change tomorrow. He can go from hoax to national emergency in a few days.

We are all products of evolution, we survive because we are intelligent. Use your intelligence and your good judgement. Make sure your Bullshit meter has fresh batteries.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->

The way to beat this thing is to limit your personal exposure. If you don't get it, you won't pass it along.

Follow the safety guidelines issued by the WHO or the CDC. If the people on the internet were doctors they wouldn't be wasting their valuable time on the internet.

The tiny virus is bigger than our national governments and our learned scientists. They probably will develop an effective treatment in a year or two but science can only be rushed so far. You can choose to stay out of its way it as long as possible but the virus is going to have to run its course; you just want it to run its course outside your body.

There are no magic cures, (regardless of what Jim Baker says) there are no health supplements that will help, no virus filters, but there are crooks out there ready to sell you things that will do nothing or actually harm your health and your bank account.

Remember that anything Donald Trump says is liable to change tomorrow. He can go from hoax to national emergency in a few days.

We are all products of evolution, we survive because we are intelligent. Use your intelligence and your good judgement. Make sure your Bullshit meter has fresh batteries.
Well said I see the POTUS is awaiting His test results,I wonder will We be told if it comes back positive and will He isolate Himself if it is?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
IMO it is not at all helpful to discuss "conspiracy theories".

Such discussions only add to the panic of the population.

People in panic mode are totally irrational, like the hoarding of toilet paper.

A panicked population is ultimately worse for society than the virus itself.

Please, I ask you to not post ANYTHING that you don't know to be absolutely true.
Ha ha. that reminds me of my local facebook page. Anyone found posting anything that isn't true will be banned from the site. The trouble is, who knows what is and isn't true?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ha ha. that reminds me of my local facebook page. Anyone found posting anything that isn't true will be banned from the site. The trouble is, who knows what is and isn't true?
Haha, sounds like that site is going to be very sparse of members Longdogs......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Haha, sounds like that site is going to be very sparse of members Longdogs......
It's carp anyway Foxy. I'm not a member but might join just so I can leave.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Well said I see the POTUS is awaiting His test results,I wonder will We be told if it comes back positive and will He isolate Himself if it is?
Will it be too much to hope he isolates his mouth as well.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
it's carp anyway foxy. I'm not a member but might join just so i can leave.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->

Excellent post Savvy. Common sense.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
Will it be too much to hope he isolates his mouth as well.
Well ... he isolated his brain light years ago, so why not?!

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top