Join for free
Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 12:56 PM

Re: Trump suggests injecting disinfectant

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Trump is an imbecile. I wouldn't trust him to run a bath without scalding himself or drowning, let alone run a country. He may fool the gullible, but that's as far as he gets.
Here's a picture of some gullibles:

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...each-sarcastic

On Thursday night, at a White House press briefing, Donald Trump appeared to give some pretty unorthodox suggestions about using disinfectant or sunlight to treat the coronavirus. But now he is backtracking – he says he was being sarcastic.[/QUOTE

I'd settle for "unsettling" if it proved that Trump was clever enough for sarcasm but, as we all know, he isn't .....
See, this is the whole thing which gullible people are still falling for.....Trump did not suggest anything about using disinfectant to treat the virus..he simply asked a QUESTION which the american media have completely twisted out of context and spinning it to suit their own narrative.

Even people in this forum, is your hatred or disgust towards towards Trump that bad that your unable to see that the media are manipulating you to get you to think how they want you to think?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is no morality in business. There are only legal constraints.
Not necessarily true for every business all of the time. You do like your generalisations.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:29 PM

Did you watch the video of what he ACTUALLY said and the context in which he said it?
Yes I did and if he is now claiming he was being sarcastic and joking - he is an utter liar and takes people for fools.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:32 PM

Did you watch the video of what he ACTUALLY said and the context in which he said it?
Yes, as indeed did Dr Birx. I think her facial expressions pretty much sums up the situationand indeed confirms that his later claim that he was putting forward a "sarcastic" suggestions may not actually be true.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:42 PM

Geez, some of you need to take a real hard look at yourselves. Trump asks a QUESTION and the media spin it out of context and suddenly you go all rambo on Trump. Trump now says he was being sarcastic and again people go all rambo on him. Has it not escaped any of your attention that the media are the ones in the wrong here and all you can do is have a go at Trump!!!!.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Geez, some of you need to take a real hard look at yourselves. Trump asks a QUESTION and the media spin it out of context and suddenly you go all rambo on Trump. Trump now says he was being sarcastic and again people go all rambo on him. Has it not escaped any of your attention that the media are the ones in the wrong here and all you can do is have a go at Trump!!!!.
I listen to many of Trump's daily reports and, to be fair to him, he does seem to want to keep things positive and persuade through affirmations, which can be a useful tool in many walks of life. It is also true that the press do ask tedious questions, presumably to satisfy their own salaries and sense of self importance.

Trump does enjoy using an abundance of superlatives, and fly off at tangents all over the shop which, at times, looks silly and egocentric.

The only bone of contention I have is when he makes absurd and potentially harmful statements without considering the potential subsequent actions that some people (who are naturally desperate and scared) might take too literally. His comments about sunlight/uv lights and injecting disinfectants fall into this category.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Not necessarily true for every business all of the time. You do like your generalisations.
I like probabilities. The probability is that a business in which case maximising profit is the most important thing, which especially in the case of companies where shareholder value should be the most important factor, will succeed.

The only limits to actions should be legal factors where ignoring them would cost more than just saying full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

It has served me and now my son exceeding well.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Geez, some of you need to take a real hard look at yourselves. Trump asks a QUESTION.
They were STUPID questions but the gullibles believe that Trump's STUPID questions are the sign of an enquiring mind and therefore there must be some truth in the words he utters - I guess that's why the gullibles sit in the sun sipping Lysol - "'tain't no worse'n moonshine" .....
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 02:52 PM

If people read just what he said and in context with everything else being said and not concentrated on the spin put on it in the MSM a rather different story comes out.
I watched the film and listened to his words, I also watched the reaction of the Dr. who was on stage with him. Nothing was taken out of context. The man is an idiot, plain and simple.

Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top