Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 10:05 PM

Wonderful weekend......

.....at my Niece's wedding in the Lakes. It was a lovely weekend and even the weather was perfect-blue sky and sunshine all day They were married at 1pm Saturday and after the ceremony we all went for sail on Derwentwater for about an hour-the champagne was flowing and I did treat myself to a small glass! Then back to the Hotel, which was wonderful, for a superb meal, and the evening was then spent relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere of the day.

She didn't have Bridesmaids, no flowers, no speeches, although Martin did say a few words which had her in floods of tears, and of course everyone else then joined in!

It was the perfect day that they had wanted and had planned, and if anyone didn't enjoy the weekend, then it was their own fault.....just couldn't fault it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Re: Wonderful weekend......

I'm so pleased your niece's wedding went well and you had a lovely weekend, Merz ....... sounds like the weather was perfect too!

How nice to have champagne while sailing around Derwentwater ..... are you sure it was just one small glass you had?!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 11:10 PM

How lovely it went off so well! Sounds like a beautiful meaningful ceremony they had; and the champagne on the water was an added touch. But it's nice to be back home, isn't t?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm so pleased your niece's wedding went well and you had a lovely weekend, Merz ....... sounds like the weather was perfect too!

How nice to have champagne while sailing around Derwentwater ..... are you sure it was just one small glass you had?!
Thank you Mags...couldn't have got better weather for November in the Lakes.

Definitely only one small glass Mags, but forgot to mention that I had another small glass to toast the Bride and Groom at the meal I don't drink, but made an exception on this occasion. The others made up for me during the night
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

15-11-2010, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
How lovely it went off so well! Sounds like a beautiful meaningful ceremony they had; and the champagne on the water was an added touch. But it's nice to be back home, isn't t?
Couldn't have been any better Dandysmom. The actual ceremony took around 20 minutes but it was lovely.

It is nice to be home and sleep in my double bed again.....not used to sleeping in single bed, even if it was a comfortable bed
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 11:36 PM

What a lovely wedding, sounds perfect...Good to hear everyone enjoyed the day...........
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

15-11-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
What a lovely wedding, sounds perfect...Good to hear everyone enjoyed the day...........
Thank you Moli....it was so different to the traditional wedding-in fact the only tradition she stuck to was walking in with her Dad, and even then she had to be persuaded to do that by her Mum
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 12:09 AM

That's lovely and it sounds like a great time was had by all.

Nice to enjoy a good wedding.

Take care and thanks for sharing your lovely day.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 12:10 AM

Merz, so glad that you had a wonderful week-end and that everything went well.
The lake district is the only place I would live as there is so much to see and do.

Often I have sailed around Derwent Water and rowed around it. Drifting on the lake with the sun shining and not a care in the world, what could be more relaxing.

You will have to move here.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 12:12 AM

Glad it went smoothly Merz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top