Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:36 PM

Re: Tony Martin - murderer.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
#
I suppose one could splat that back at you spitfire. I often think that those who are always critical of people such as Tony Martin and those of us who wholeheartedly sympathise with him, don't really appreciate what they would do if it were themselves and their own family that came face to face with one or more intruders who have broken into their property. If they thought their wife, daughter, son, grandchildren or even pets, were in danger, wouldn't they indeed do everything in their power to protect their loved ones? including using a weapon that they know would be the only weapon capable of beating the weapons of choice being used by the robbers/rapist/killer's. You just do not know unless you have ever been in such a frightening scenario, which thankfully, none of us appear to have done so.

Protecting one's family and home in the UK has nothing at all to do with our views on the gun lobby in the USA and the senseless slaughter of hundreds of school children and others by madmen with access to semi-automatics.
So I don't think hypocrisy comes into this,
Well I know damned fine that if a couple of scallies were running AWAY from our place there's absolutely no way that I would have EVER have fired a shotgun other than directly into the air to make it clear that it would not be a good idea to ever come back.

My GUESS is that Martin had intended to give them a backside full of shot, but it all went tits up when what he did opened one or more major arteries and the poor kid bled out.

That is consistent with the description of events that were published.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:41 PM

They certainly have galty. I believe that everyone should have the right to protect themselves. Another life wasted, but with that robber being on class A drugs, who knows what he may have been capable of doing to that householder. He must have been so frightened.

There is only one solution. Stop breaking into people's property. Householders know they are on their own if intruders are already in their home, and know they have to fight back with whatever means they have to hand. Good for them. There will no doubt be further pointless deaths, but they will bring it on themselves.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=The Artful Todger;1765854]Well I know damned fine that if a couple of scallies were running AWAY from our place there's absolutely no way that I would have EVER have fired a shotgun other than directly into the air to make it clear that it would not be a good idea to ever come back.

My GUESS is that Martin had intended to give them a backside full of shot, but it all went tits up when what he did opened one or more major arteries and the poor kid bled out.

That is consistent with the

Sorry AT, I couldn't possibly say. What you think happened is probably what the prosecuting lawyer said in court, but still, the charge was overturned, so we will never know.
I just remember being pleased for him when he had been released from prison as I don't think he should have served time.

I do remember thinking how sorry I felt for the boy's family at the time also. Not for what happened, but because to lose a child is a heartbreak I would not wish on absolutely anyone. But.... if a 16 year old is prepared to break into someone's property and steal, unfortunately, it can go pear shape and that instance was the the consequence of being a criminal at such a young age.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:51 PM

The entire family including the grandma are thieves and burglars .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Surely though, only farmers etc legitimately hold a firearm so, if you live in a suburban cul de sac, you won't have such a weapon so it follows only rural folks will ever have this dilemma.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-08-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The entire family including the grandma are thieves and burglars .
Muddy, they may well be how you describe them, but no matter what sort of people they are, and what criminal acts both they and their son committed, it must still have been devastating to lose their son at the young age of 16.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-08-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Surely though, only farmers etc legitimately hold a firearm so, if you live in a suburban cul de sac, you won't have such a weapon so it follows only rural folks will ever have this dilemma.
Quite true spitfire. And more and more, it is rural properties that are being targeted today, no doubt because of their isolation and and believing they are an easy target.
They should think again!

Crime certainly is no longer confined to cities and towns. With all the CCT they have now, thieves and other criminals are spreading out. They will surely come to realise though that out here in the countryside, folk tend to act first if threatened and worry about it later. That's the reality today.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Muddy, they may well be how you describe them, but no matter what sort of people they are, and what criminal acts both they and their son committed, it must still have been devastating to lose their son at the young age of 16.
They only have theirselves to blame for his death.
They have brought him up to be a thief which lead to his death.
Had he not been there he may have been alive today .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...as-281634.html
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-08-2019, 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=Muddy;1765893]They only have theirselves to blame for his death.
They have brought him up to be a thief which lead to his death.
Had he not been there he may have been alive today .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...as-281634.html[/QUOTE

Sad but true.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 04:55 PM

Killing another human being is wrong. Martin shot the chap in the back! That was not self-defence. The intruder was wrong, but he was not murderously wrong and was running away. It was murder!
Posters here will be advocating hanging next. So why not the rack or thumb screws, or public burning? Blood lust prevails. Yet when young men stick knives in one another it's hands in the air & appalled! Sauce for the goose....

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top