Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 12:20 PM

Born Lucky...

Could it be some people were born Lucky ?

It’s true, some people seem to have all the good luck, while others have nothing but bad luck.

Are you lucky, or do you know someone who is…… Can we think ourselves to be lucky ?

Is there such a thing as Luck?

Could good fortune/luck be down to a positive attitude.

Me, I have my fair share of luck…Where as a friend of mine has the complete opposite.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 12:24 PM

Re: Born Lucky...

I consider myself to have been lucky in life,
but I also think luck can change or run out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 12:50 PM

The harder a person works and focuses on achievable aims the luckier they become.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Could it be some people were born Lucky ?

It’s true, some people seem to have all the good luck, while others have nothing but bad luck.

Are you lucky, or do you know someone who is…… Can we think ourselves to be lucky ?

Is there such a thing as Luck?

Could good fortune/luck be down to a positive attitude.

Me, I have my fair share of luck…Where as a friend of mine has the complete opposite.
Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking how lucky we post-war Brit baby boom generation are, what fun lives we've led. I'm not sure our children and grandchildren are -or will be- so fortunate. Perhaps I was just being a bit bleak about what the future holds.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:11 PM

I consider I’ve been very lucky as I’ve reached my twilight years with lovely husband, caring son and daughter and seen my lovely grandchildren grow up to be lovely polite and caring adults.

I wouldn’t wish for anything else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The harder a person works and focuses on achievable aims the luckier they become.
In some ways but that doesn't stop the car missing you by inches or being out when the house explodes.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:37 PM

I consider I’ve been very lucky as I’ve reached my twilight years with lovely husband, caring son and daughter and seen my lovely grandchildren grow up to be lovely polite and caring adults.

That's lovely, Mags, but I don't think such circumstances just happen - they require input and support.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

I wouldn’t wish for anything else.
Same here, Mags, even though OH now late & no Grandkids.
I do have two lovely grown up children who I see all the time, well Son lives here & Daughter is just down the road & round the corner.
I also have three very good friends my age & yes, I am lucky.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 02:21 PM

I was dealt a poor hand from the start. Not just my opinion but also that of my parents, brother and sister.

Yes, things could have been better alright but I've never been brought down by circumstances ..and anyway, I'm now looking out at a nice garden on a sunny day. That's quite lucky I reckon.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 07:35 PM

My second husband always said I was lucky.
My third husband said I was bad luck

I have a lovely daughter and she was worth all the struggle and hardship bringing her up. I'm proud of her. I myself finally feel lucky - I have a quiet life that I'm in control of and I love it. I've worked bloody hard for it and enjoying every minute.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top