Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:09 PM

Re: Important announcement

Well done from me too ,
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:27 PM

Congratulations from me too
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:31 PM

There may be a Caveat.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:45 PM

How wonderful - Congratulations !
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2014, 12:11 AM

Thankyou everyone ......I have got my job and you will get some peace from me now ...lol .... sorry if i have bored you all but I have had a lot of help and support from you all after rejection after rejection which really helped ...
When I went to the second interview today I immediately knew I had got the Job...They realised even though I was not as experienced as some they obviously saw other qualities as I impressed them (they told me that)...the fact that I sourced my own fork truck training was key and I also presented them with a vehicle logistics data base I designed to prove my IT skills which really impressed them ..
The job is working for a Electrical Engineers my role will be 'everything' primarily I will be in charge of the warehouse and stores, and the fleet side of things ....They also have another warehouse close by and asked me if i could help out there during busy periods , by agreeing they have decided to offer me full time employment rather than part time ....I will also do general maintenance round the office ..i.e. putting up shelves painting gardening delivery work helping were ever it is needed, so i hopefully wont have time to get bored...It will be a 6 month trial to start with , hopefully it shouldn't be a problem although it will be a completely new career path and learning curve, I have signed a few forms given them my sizes for my clothes etc and shaken hands on the deal ..and all they have to do is send me a formal letter of acceptance ...so fingers crossed 7:30 Monday morning I will be at work

PS who believes in fate ???..I had just enough in the bank and savings to pay 1 more month of my mortgage after which i dont know what would have happened
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2014, 12:30 AM

It must be a huge relief for you Steve and this is bound to boost your confidence now.

Good luck on Monday, hope you won't be too tired to tell us how you got on.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2014, 01:53 AM

Congratulations, I wish you every success in your new job.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2014, 08:30 AM

Steve matey - congratulations from me too - long overdue reward for all your efforts. Well done matey!!!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2014, 09:16 AM

Well that is fantastic, the phrase " Don't let the buggers grind you down" springs to mind, go Steve.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2014, 10:18 AM

So so pleased for you and does sound like fate or luck but certain it's more to do with perseverance and determination to me !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top