Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 09:22 PM

Re: Who's had a colonoscopy before??

I'd have to be knocked out before I'd consider an endoscopy, I know some folk who have had it done without sedation and said it was terrible!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I'd have to be knocked out before I'd consider an endoscopy, I know some folk who have had it done without sedation and said it was terrible!
I had one without sedation, it was uncomfortable but fine .
While the sedated people (all men ) were still in recovery I was on my way home.

Compared to childbirth I would set it at 1 on a scale 1-10.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 10:33 PM

some have a high pain threshold, mine's on the lowest of the low scale
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Still... I see no valid reason for even having discomfort.. No one gives you a medal for it.. Knock me out and let me rest in recovery.. If I've scheduled a endoscopy, I really didn't have anything else planned anyway.. lol!!!
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:34 PM

For the endoscopy part of it I was asked if I wanted sedation or I could just have a spray at the back of my throat so opted for the spray. I didn't want to have to go into recovery afterwards, just wanted to get home.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Generally, there is very little time spent in recovery following endo.. even with sedation. You MUST has a person drive you. So once you wake up and they monitor you for about an hour, you are on your way anyway.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
For the endoscopy part of it I was asked if I wanted sedation or I could just have a spray at the back of my throat so opted for the spray. I didn't want to have to go into recovery afterwards, just wanted to get home.
Me too Stella I live alone and had left my dog on her own so didn't want to spend longer than necessary away.
Also not everyone has someone to drive them, I drove myself.

I passed the sedated people in the recovery area and was glad it wasn't me. A little discomfort was a small price to pay for early freedom
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 04:15 PM

It always strikes me as weird how, after anesthetic I wake up like I've had the most refreshing sleep ever!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Yes agree its all s...Had them regularly then had half my Bowel removed, not pleasant it seems to last for ever but of course it doesnt.
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 03:15 PM

I had rectum cancer in 1991 and have had a colonoscopy every 5yrs since. No not nice but good to be reassured that all is well now. What is interesting is, that although lightly sedated when the procedure is done, you can watch the camera going through.
Have a bit of banter with the hospital staff and you won't notice a thing.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top