Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jonno
New Member!
Suffolk uk
Jonno is male 

17-03-2014, 10:11 PM

Worry

Hi all I'm 66 with no symptoms. I've known about my l branch block for a number of years with no treatment. Recently I had a virus and saw a Gp. She referred me to a cardiologist. He has been given wrong info eg that I have angina and medication neither of which is true. He gave me a 24hr ECG which was satisfactory and now wants me to have an angiogram. I feel healthy and am asymptomatic . I am now in a state of anxiety and don't know whether I should go ahead with the test. I am now hypochondriacal and imagining symptoms right left and centre. Advice please. Jonno
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Re: Worry

I was diagnosed with heart trouble some 21 years ago and my attitude was to think it was happening to someone else and to carry on with my life as normal. 21 years later I am still here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 10:30 PM

Hello Jonno welcome. I would make an appointment and go back to see your GP to explain your concerns.
They may be able to set your mind at rest a little .
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jonno ->
Hi all I'm 66 with no symptoms. I've known about my l branch block for a number of years with no treatment. Recently I had a virus and saw a Gp. She referred me to a cardiologist. He has been given wrong info eg that I have angina and medication neither of which is true. He gave me a 24hr ECG which was satisfactory and now wants me to have an angiogram. I feel healthy and am asymptomatic . I am now in a state of anxiety and don't know whether I should go ahead with the test. I am now hypochondriacal and imagining symptoms right left and centre. Advice please. Jonno
Try not to be anxious Jonno.

You have a 1st degree branch block which you already know about, you have recently had a virus, your 24 hr ECG was satisfactory and the angiogram is just another test.

I am puzzled about the 'mis-information' though, how did that come about?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 10:48 PM

Hi Jonno - stop worrying and enjoy the Forum
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hi Jonno - stop worrying and enjoy the Forum
as myrtle said, don't worry, there is much Physiologically that can go wrong, but as RJ said, getting old ain't for Cissy's.
Jonno
New Member!
Suffolk uk
Jonno is male 

18-03-2014, 08:54 AM

Hi again . Thanks for your advice. You're right of course so ill stop worrying and just get on with life. The reason I'm in such a state is that I'm full time care to my wife who has advanced multiple sclerosis , is wheelchair bound and needs everything doing for her, so if anything happened to me she would be shoved into a nursing home and the thought of that I find terrifying. Still that hasn't happened yet and as I have no symptoms and feel perfectly healthy I'm going to ignore the medics and just get on with life. Thanks all. Love Jonno
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Hi Jonno. You've just given yourself the best possible advice. Try to follow it and not worry. Anyway it sounds as though you have enough worry as it is.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 01:35 PM

Best wishes to you both
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 02:57 PM

Don't worry Jonno, let life take its coarse,just carry on regardless until told otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top