Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 05:36 PM

Patronising, out-of-touch Torys

Is anyone else bloody annoyed at the Conservatives' patronising attitude towards ordinary working people with this: -

http://www.netkafa.com/2014/03/20/82...d-bingo-advert

I really find it hard to believe that their so-called Advisers OK'd this insulting, denigrating rubbish!

This party is heading towards a major UKIP electoral backlash and this is the best this is the best that they can come up with?!

The problem we all have is that the also-rans have zilch to offer either, especially the LibDems so who's the AH that came up with this strategy?!

Why don't we all say we want a referendum and join the bloody Russian Federation?!

(Ballot paper: -
1. Do you want to join the Russian Federation - Yes or No?

2. Do you want to die? Yes or No?)

Simples. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 05:45 PM

Re: Patronising, out-of-touch Torys

How pathetic they are - think they are 'hip' by cutting bingo and beer Really pathetic lot
More guzzling gamblers - great !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 06:07 PM

I despair at times, Grant Shapps, the guy that posted that is a total dick and needs throwing out of the government, but that one inane action shouldn't detract from the many good things in the budget such as the rise in personal tax allowance, the freezing of fuel duty and the historic changes to the pensions system.

Overall the budget was good for the working man and good for business and industry, and it is hard to argue that things are gradually changing for.the better in spite of such idiots. Having said that the left really love to jump on such faux pas as they have nothing else to say and are bankrupt of ideas and devoid of any meaningful policy alternatives. Pathetic really.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 06:22 PM

I also despair that little is done to discourage gambling when its rife now, as is binge drinking ....
I agree on Grant Shapps - waste of time all round
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 06:47 PM

Well the others trot out equally inane comments so not much to choose between them! When I remember the days of cheap money to any who wanted it, I could weep. I still think Labour are to blame for many of our woes.
When we bought a house in 1998 for 35.000 and sold it 10 years later for four times that amount, admittedly it was rundown when purchased, I thought there are problems around the corner.
Todays generation are reaping what we've sown.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 06:50 PM

Grant Shapps is one idiot not a whole party and we have seen plenty of those in every party over the years .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 11:38 PM

Whats wrong with you lot,if i stick to NHS guidelines and drink according to their 21 units for a male per week,with my penny off by the end of the year i will have enough for a whole pint.

Im even thinking about taking up Bingo for even more savings. Vote Tory Steve they will soon have that Fox out of your garden,meanwhile uphere in the Desolate North cant wait for all that Fracking to start, shame the HS2 wont come anywhere near us as north means Crewe not Newcastle

Never thought i would despise anyone in the Torys more than Thatcher, but this sad bunch are the pits.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 07:49 AM

It is good to see, politicians are getting as wacky as me, but then again, maybe they always were.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Whats wrong with you lot,if i stick to NHS guidelines and drink according to their 21 units for a male per week,with my penny off by the end of the year i will have enough for a whole pint.

Im even thinking about taking up Bingo for even more savings. Vote Tory Steve they will soon have that Fox out of your garden,meanwhile uphere in the Desolate North cant wait for all that Fracking to start, shame the HS2 wont come anywhere near us as north means Crewe not Newcastle

Never thought i would despise anyone in the Torys more than Thatcher, but this sad bunch are the pits.

Matey, they're tories - what can you expect??? An American General once said: "The only good Indian ............ " That equally applies in this case too.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:52 AM

More guzzling gamblers - great

Hey my friend Patsy.
I do gamble but I don't drink when at the bingo as I like to concentrate on winning some cash to supplement my pension. A Latte is for me.
As for a 1p reduction on a pint, well in 1926 it probably meant a lot.
The bingo tax has gone down from 20% to 10% which is great as that
means the ticket prices will go down. I also am glad as I don't get enough
money a year to pay any tax so to be paying 20% on my bit of fun is very annoying.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top