Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Mens Hairpieces.

A friend of mine is losing his hair, he's only 51, he is already grey but he hates the idea of being bald, no harm in that I said to him, look at Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas, they made a fortune out of being bald. This was of no consolation to him however and he said his mind was made up, he was having a hairpiece specially made up by a leading maker in Town. That was the last time I saw him, about a year ago. He was in the pub yesterday and he looked great, I was expecting to see something like Moe Howard wore in The Three Stooges, but you would never think he was carrying a 'Piece' on his head. I found this picture in a hairpiece catalogue and it looks exactly like the one he's got, you'd never know would you. marvelous what they can do now in that line, if my hair started to desert me I might be tempted to go for something like this.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:58 AM

Re: Mens Hairpieces.

I agree Jem - they can look great today if you pay that bit extra.
I feel for men losing their hair - just as I do women.
Why should they just have to accept it .....
Good for him I say
Min
New Member!
Cornwall, UK
Min is female 

09-05-2014, 10:23 AM

Looks quite fetching - on him!

I don't think men should be as concerned about their appearance as women though - I like my men macho!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 10:43 AM

Hello Min and a warm welcome to you.
There never was much going for the men before when the old hair started to go, my son has a bald spot in the centre but it hasn't got any bigger over the last couple of years, it's static at the moment, he jokes about it saying to his missus that if it gets any bigger he'll get special dispensation to have the marriage dissolved and go into a monastery, a regular little Saint Anthony he's make too.
Min
New Member!
Cornwall, UK
Min is female 

09-05-2014, 10:48 AM

What's wrong with natural bald anyway? I don't very much like the shaved look though. It was OK for Yul Brynner but not for the man in the street.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 10:50 AM

Loosing your hair has benefits, no more expensive visits to the barbers, no more having to shampoo and dry your hair, no more having to brush comb and dress your hair in the mornings. Just a slap of factor 15 and your ready.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

09-05-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Min ->
What's wrong with natural bald anyway? I don't very much like the shaved look though. It was OK for Yul Brynner but not for the man in the street.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being bald Min, it's just a very sensitive thing with some men, I don't know what it is but some fellas are very touchy about it, in my experience anyway, some others just don't give a damn, and rightly so.
Min
New Member!
Cornwall, UK
Min is female 

09-05-2014, 11:15 AM

My OH is a bit touchy about being deaf but doesn't have any problems with the receding hairline. Neither bothers me!
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 11:15 AM

Jem - I certainly agree, you can't see the join in the photo!! I think bald men look OK, it certainly wouldn't put me off a chap. However, my own hair has gone very thin in the last few years - menopause, probably. It is getting to the point where I have started to think what I could do about it. I don't know if I fancy wearing a wig all the time. I am a "hot" person and tend to have to remove layers of clothing in warm rooms. I think a hairpiece might make me very warm. I really should do some research.

I came across a thing called "Intralace" on the internet - it stays permanently attached to your own hair/head. Obviously you have to have it redone every so often. Any other ladies, can you advise me?
Min
New Member!
Cornwall, UK
Min is female 

09-05-2014, 11:33 AM

Play about with your hairstyle a bit Indigo. I have found that, contrary to received advice, growing my hair and combing the sides back has helped disguise the problem.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top