Join for free
Page 164 of 190 « First < 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 08:38 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

I'd better get a shift on if I'm going catch the 10:00 am bus from Scarborough to Cloughton for a walk along the cliff paths.
It's about an hour and halfs drive to Scarborough, and I need to stock up on provisions, a pork pie and a bag of crisps....
That should do it!

Good luck to Nigel Farage on his protest in London today I hope a few million turn up, I wish I could have been there, but I'll be there in spirit.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 01:50 PM

Enjoy your walk Bob. It's a lovely day.
Watch those seagulls don't grab your pork pie though!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:08 PM

I'm afraid today's walk got off to a wobbly start.
There are plenty of roadworks going on round here and after shuffling along for ten minutes I finally dropped onto the Motorway but realised I had forgot to put my watch on.....Oh well, never mind I can use my phone.....

I arrived a Morrisons just outside Scarborough and collected my supplies....I lied about the pork pie and crisps and chose the Morrisons Chicken Salad sandwich with Twix and Mars Bar for afters....

Despite being served up a curved ball concerning the location of the bus stop, I managed to catch the appropriate bus together with some old questionable locals, so I scarped upstairs (it was a double decker) I knew they were too old to give chase, so I enjoyed being the solo occupant of the upper deck...

A ten thirty I alighted the bus and began my adventure....It was as I sighted the camera up for my first amazing shot of Cloughton Wyke that it totally shut down with the final message "Battery Exhausted" so I'm sorry, no photo's....And to make matters worse, after informing Mrs Fox I had arrived at my destination safely, my phone also shut down......

So apart from some piss poor preparation the walk did progress as planned complete with beautiful weather and lovely dry paths....And the photos would have been exceptional......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 12:23 AM

Ground Control to Major Bob...Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong!
Bit of an unfortunate day there Bob, technologically-speaking anyway. However, I believe the weather was lovely and I trust you had a good time despite being cut off from general civilisation in your secluded bubble
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 12:36 AM

Oh, dear poor Foxy. You need a power pack.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 06:05 AM

On the up side Bob no interruptions....just you and the open road...oops sorry open path
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-03-2019, 11:06 AM

To be honest it was the failing camera that I was so disappointed with, I know how much you like me to post photos of my exploits.....

Hardly anybody has my mobile number except close friends and family, so it is very unusual for my phone to ring unless it's important. I was a bit worried about Mrs Fox though and it would have been nice to have kept in touch.

You were right though Summer, just the open 'path' with just nature for company.
The sounds of screeching Gulls, Skylarks singing as they circle ever higher trying to draw me away from their nests (they don't have to worry) and breakers crashing on the rocks far below.....

There were few people on those lonely clifftops, just the odd hardened rucksack clad walker, a twitcher with £s worth of camera gear hiding in the grass (at least, I think he was a twitcher) and a runner. It wasn't until I made my descent down to the marine drive at Scalby Mills did I run into the infestation of sunseekers walking dogs, burying kids on the beach and sucking ice cream cornets.

Because I normally run on a Friday I had considered taking my running kit and jogging the cliffs, but sometimes it's just nice to take your time, away from the hustle and bustle of life and meader alone with your thoughts.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-03-2019, 11:09 AM

Back to normality today with an early visit to Tesco for the fresh stuff and then find a nice garden centre for some lunch because I'm starving now, and I've only just finished breakfast...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-03-2019, 12:09 PM

So where were we.....Oh yes, a garden centre for lunch yesterday.
We are regular visitors to Langlands Garden Centre at Shiptonthorpe, the steak pies are legendary, but although the pastry is nice, I'm not a big pastry fan so Mrs Fox usually has the thick end bits and I just eat the thin flat bits and the steak filling, which is always so lean. It comes with potatoes and veg (if you ask for it, otherwise with chips) The veg is locally sourced and there's plenty of it......I just love Veg...

Shiptonthorpe is just over thirty miles from my place, so it also makes for a good drive. On arriving home I usually fall asleep on the sofa, but because I fed the lawn last week and it hasn't rained, I've been watering it in, so that was my job yesterday....

Which brings me seamlessly to today...
It was only just light this morning at six after messing with the clocks...
So a bit later than usual at just gone seven I set off my my long Sunday run.
No hat or gloves and it was a bit chilly for those first few miles. Very dry with just a light breeze and heavy clouds blotted out the sun; That's if it was even up yet....

By the time I reached the canal bridge at just over two miles, I had already made up my mind to turn down onto the grassy bank and make it a ten miler. Slow and easy along the bumpy grass track by the side of the canal, the occasional mole hill adds to the interest while ducking and diving over grass tufts and rocky outcrops. At least it keeps you focused.

At four miles I push through the narrow kissing gate and back onto the road, it feels good not to have to worry about where you are putting your feet and your four wheel drive can disengage. After a quick mental check of my condition after the off road bit, I realise that I feel better than usual at this stage of the run and I can drift into the zone and let my mind wander.

The good feeling is still apparent as I reach the next village at eight miles, and my legs are just pushing out the miles, the small rise that usually has me begging for mercy goes by unnoticed and I reach the church and the last mile through my village.
Still only a few folk around at eight thirty, either walking their dogs or visiting the paper shop.....Or both!

Who cares what's happening in other parts of the world, something good has happened in my little piece of it...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

31-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Looking forward to your copy of this in the exercise thread, Bob

Page 164 of 190 « First < 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top