Join for free
Page 20 of 38 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True, and I am sure that has happened to many of us.

However, that fancy lawyer, the one they call Mr. Loophole, said if he was dazzled by the sun, he shouldn't have pulled out.
In principle of course but how do you move on if you are in a place that you remain blinded until sun goes in. I have a road like that at certain times of year I could be there all day, I have to edge out hoping people are driving sensibly and will notice
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They don't own their cars anyway they lease them. Not sure why I wondered if it was cheaper that way as those cars they both drive start at £68,000 basic models

'Owned' or 'Leased' is neither here nor there really.
Seems the fact remains if he couldn't see, he should not have pulled out.

I ask myself how I would feel if someone had done that to me, or one of my family, how lenient would I feel then?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:54 PM

In principle of course but how do you move on if you are in a place that you remain blinded until sun goes in. I have a road like that at certain times of year I could be there all day, I have to edge out hoping people are driving sensibly and will notice

I know what you mean Julie, but it is not easy to 'hope someone will notice' when it is a main 'A'road with a 60 mph speed limit.

Maybe the ladies did see him pulling out for all we know. Have they been interviewed?

But how on earth could they stop in time if they were doing 60 (or more?)

It's hardly a little country lane where they might only be doing perhaps 25 mph is it. They would stand more chance of braking at that speed than 60+. There just wouldn't be time.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:59 PM

He was driving badly, he wasn't wearing a seat belt, he injured two people.

If that were one of us we would have the book thrown at us - and rightly so.

That silly old fool won't even have his licence endorsed - and he is obviously totally without conscience as he is out driving again today - again without a seat belt.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:37 PM

He admitted he was blinded by the sun tiffany, he never tried to say he did any different.
I missed that. But should he have said anything incriminating though?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
He's been seen out driving today a mere two days after injuring someone through his careless driving.
But where was he seen driving, if on his own private roads no problem?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:39 AM

Prince Philip's crash victim reveals what really happened - and he hasn't said sorry

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...veals-13882041

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Mum-of-two Emma Fairweather tells the Sunday Mirror of the terrifying moment the Duke’s 4x4 Land Rover Freelander pulled out of a side road and hit them
For those who are interested in that sort of thing .....

I assume, of course, that Prince Philip's crash victim, mum-of-two Emma Fairweather, is making money out of her revelations .....
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:53 AM

May have already been posted, the Daily mail photographs the Queen on a public road without a seatbelt on the day after her old man crashes …..

Will she be prosecuted ??? I doubt it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
May have already been posted, the Daily mail photographs the Queen on a public road without a seatbelt on the day after her old man crashes …..

Will she be prosecuted ??? I doubt it.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-seatbelt.html

The Queen was spotted driving her Range Rover without a seatbelt a day after Prince Philip's crash.

The 92-year-old monarch drove on a public road in Sandringham yesterday little more than a mile from the scene of her husband's accident.

She learned to drive with the Army in 1945, before she became Queen, and does not need a licence.

Under UK law it is compulsory to wear a seatbelt if there is one fitted but the Queen is immune from any civil or criminal proceedings.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 04:10 AM

As we all know from personal experience the older you get the more pig headed and stubborn you become.Probably only one person in his adult life has said "no" to him.

Page 20 of 38 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top