Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 11:10 AM

Re: Shop lifting.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
WE don't tackle shoplifting. WE mind our own business. WE leave doing anything to the people responsible or to younger people. WE don't get involved. Not our problem.

I don't agree with that.....if "I" see it happening then I will report it...I will not confront them..

I think they should employ more store detective ,who you would never know were....just look like a customer...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 11:24 AM

There has been much talk about high street shops closing for reasons of taxes and lack of parking.

If this continues, is it possible that the vast majority of shops will close down, to be replaced by online shopping?

What on earth will the criminal shoplifters do then?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I don't agree with that.....if "I" see it happening then I will report it...I will not confront them..
And you assume that they will not have someone keeping watch on the shoplifter and put two and two together as you dob them in and they get nicked?

Purleeese!

Just don't be snide, keep your nose out.

For all you know the shop staff may even be in cahoots with the thief, it happens trust me.

Anyway nobody, and I do mean nobody likes a grass.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 11:40 AM

And you assume that they will not have someone keeping watch on the shoplifter and put two and two together as you dob them in and they get nicked?

Purleeese!

For all you know the shop staff may even be in cahoots with the thief, it happens trust me.

That's why I watched one shoplifter in Lidl,walk out with fresh chicken,on the shopping tray,that was under her pushchair.

I have to say,you must be a very busy man...either that or you have a great deal of "inside" information..regarding the staff being involved,sounds like you make this up as you go along.

no one likes a "grass"...I don't mind that...I won't stand by,watch shoplifters taking their pick,while I pay for my shopping.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 11:42 AM

Hi

I object to shoplifters.

I pay for them, the stores just add the costs to the prices.

Those who are honest should not pay for thieves.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

i object to shoplifters.

I pay for them, the stores just add the costs to the prices.

Those who are honest should not pay for thieves.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That's why I watched one shoplifter in Lidl,walk out with fresh chicken,on the shopping tray,that was under her pushchair.

I have to say,you must be a very busy man...either that or you have a great deal of "inside" information..regarding the staff being involved,sounds like you make this up as you go along.

no one likes a "grass"...I don't mind that...I won't stand by,watch shoplifters taking their pick,while I pay for my shopping.

Perhaps surreptitiously take a photo of them on your phone, then call the police yourself?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Purleeese!

Hi

Really? Enforcement Officers do.

That is how we prevent Terrorism and Child Sex Abuse.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There has been much talk about high street shops closing for reasons of taxes and lack of parking.

If this continues, is it possible that the vast majority of shops will close down, to be replaced by online shopping?

What on earth will the criminal shoplifters do then?
There are a lot of things I would not dream of buying on line, JBR.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-10-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
There are a lot of things I would not dream of buying on line, JBR.
Hi

A husband?

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top