Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 12:07 AM

Re: Visit to "Bygones Victorian Museum"

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Mags darlin' fascinating!!! - My Grand-mother had a kitchen range just like that one in your photo and she used to make some fabulous bread puddings in the oven part of it.

There is (or was) a fascinating exhibition at York town museum many years ago where they have been able to recreate a whole street of shops from ironmonger, through chemist to sweet shop. Many of the items on display I well remember my Grandmother having and using.
I saw that when my fiance and I visited York just before we got married in or around 1971. It was wonderful and I have photos of it somewhere. If I can find them, I'll scan them and put them in here. My boss and his family has just returned from a week in York, but he said he didn't see that, despite doing a tour of museums, but the train museum is still there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top