Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Re: Beggars.

I wonder if many Brits realiser that in 1946 a fifth of all agricultural work in the UK was performed by German prisoner-slaves, and by the next year that number had rissen to a quarter as POW's were shipped to GB to add to the count of German slaves being illegally used by GB.

Dieter, Dieter, Dieter, you have a very unhappy knack of putting foot in mouth. Who was it who used 'untermensch' as slaves in the factories and farms all across Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia etc, etc all contrary to the Geneva convention??? - who was it who used POWs in the factories too like Krupps, I.G. Farben and Siemans, again all contrary to the Geneva Convention, a convention which, incidentally was signed by Germany and pledged to uphold, but then Hitler and his cohorts very seldom kept their pledges.

The so called 'slaves' you refer to were Nazis, many tried and imprisoned following the Nuremburg trials and were therefore NOT POWs per se, but convicted criminals!!!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
I placed the emphasis on “FELLOW” and not on “man”.

That was intentional in order to differentiate between those of us who work to support ourselves or who manage to get by on what the State provides for our support if we can not and those who do not, such I do not consider to be my FELLOW man.

Beggars do neither, however let's not loose sight of the fact that even in “Leafy Norwich” a “beggar” with a good pitch will often clear over £100 a day or more, and all tax free.

Not every day granted, nor every week though most, and certainly over the weekend starting from Friday afternoon to the early hours of Monday morning on Prince of Wales road.

Especially if he has the “rent the dog for a day” attachment to draw the gullible to give even more readily.

I've SEEN the same dog being used by three different people in Norwich city during the week and on several; occasions.

As for the BIG cities, £500 per day is far from uncommon for these parasites.

If the beggars are British then there is no need for them to beg. If they are NOT British then there is no need for them to be in Britain.
Well then if these beggars are making vast amounts of money.
They should be renamed "Entrepreneurs" and good luck to them
If fact I may take my begging bowl and rent a dog for the day and set up in a prime spot in a city centre. Sounds like a good little earner.
Do you really think there are that many gullible people in the cities.
I live close to a city centre and there are far more people who ignore the beggars than there are who drop a copper or two their way. Totally laughable.

As for the nationality of beggars, I think it is totally irrelevant and a very nationalistic comment.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2012, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Well then if these beggars are making vast amounts of money.
They should be renamed "Entrepreneurs" and good luck to them
If fact I may take my begging bowl and rent a dog for the day and set up in a prime spot in a city centre. Sounds like a good little earner.
Do you really think there are that many gullible people in the cities.
I live close to a city centre and there are far more people who ignore the beggars than there are who drop a copper or two their way. Totally laughable.

As for the nationality of beggars, I think it is totally irrelevant and a very nationalistic comment.
Mall darlin' that is precisely the Nazi creed - an ultra nationalistic attitude - the superior 'Aryan race', who as I pointed out to Dieter, managed to get their arses kicked by the 'untermensch' Red army all the way from Stalingrad, via Kursk all the way back to the Reichstag and Hitler's bunker.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mall darlin' that is precisely the Nazi creed - an ultra nationalistic attitude - the superior 'Aryan race', who as I pointed out to Dieter, managed to get their arses kicked by the 'untermensch' Red army all the way from Stalingrad, via Kursk all the way back to the Reichstag and Hitler's bunker.
And demonising certain groups of people such as beggars and those that are deemed a drain, or parasites on society.
Now isn't that just what Hitler did. First his campaign of hate against the Jews. Once that was achieved it was easy to target what was considered other undesirable groups.
Extreme right wing views. Of course we live in a democratic society and they are allowed to be voiced, just as we are allowed to voice our contempt for those views.

Those views are manifest in groups such as the BNF, EDL and the like. They must be clutching at straws trying to spread propaganda through these boards

Now Dieter wanted to open a debate on the history of his version of the war. Well they lost and he needs to get over it.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2012, 11:45 AM

Well this thread seems to have gone down a rat-hole especially now that The Godwin Law has been invoked.

What I will say is that when it comes to eugenics it's a science that has sadly been abandoned just when we need its pursuit the most because of the way that it was misunderstood, misused, and stupidly abused by the upper echelons of the Nazi party.

But the science of eugenics was by no means a “German” thing. In fact the Nazi leaders picked up the idea based on what was being done in other countries, especially the United States.

But opinions on the application of the outcome of eugenic based studies were widespread even amongst the “ great and the good”.

Let's take Churchill who is on record as saying :-

“I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.”

Another quote from the “great” man :-

“The unnatural and increasingly rapid growth of the feeble-minded and insane classes, coupled as it is with a steady restriction among all the thrifty, energetic and superior stocks constitutes a national and a race danger which I find impossible to exaggerate. I feel that the source from which the stream of madness is fed should be cut off and sealed up before another year has passed.”

Even Leo Amery said that he “didn’t see much difference between (Churchill’s) outlook and Hitler’s.”

Then there's eugenics in America, forced sterilisation on the “wrong sort or class of people” being practised into the early 70's. 1970's that is.

And so very much more besides.

So I'm leaving it at that. The bigots and thoose who refuse to see that there are two views on events, especially the war when it's always the victors history that is taught can continue to howl at the moon.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

07-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Yes Dieter, I agree with Leo Amery, Churchill was as big a 'fascist' as Hitler and I deplore BOTH of them.
mesco m
manchester

07-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
Well this thread seems to have gone down a rat-hole especially now that The Godwin Law has been invoked.

What I will say is that when it comes to eugenics it's a science that has sadly been abandoned just when we need its pursuit the most because of the way that it was misunderstood, misused, and stupidly abused by the upper echelons of the Nazi party.

But the science of eugenics was by no means a “German” thing. In fact the Nazi leaders picked up the idea based on what was being done in other countries, especially the United States.

But opinions on the application of the outcome of eugenic based studies were widespread even amongst the “ great and the good”.

Let's take Churchill who is on record as saying :-

“I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.”

Another quote from the “great” man :-

“The unnatural and increasingly rapid growth of the feeble-minded and insane classes, coupled as it is with a steady restriction among all the thrifty, energetic and superior stocks constitutes a national and a race danger which I find impossible to exaggerate. I feel that the source from which the stream of madness is fed should be cut off and sealed up before another year has passed.”

Even Leo Amery said that he “didn’t see much difference between (Churchill’s) outlook and Hitler’s.”

Then there's eugenics in America, forced sterilisation on the “wrong sort or class of people” being practised into the early 70's. 1970's that is.

And so very much more besides.

So I'm leaving it at that. The bigots and thoose who refuse to see that there are two views on events, especially the war when it's always the victors history that is taught can continue to howl at the moon.
Eugenics is alive and kicking still. The abuse of it by any country or body is abhorrent.

You are right about this thread. A rat hole is where it belongs and the propaganda along with it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top